BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.304 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.304
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.181
    * Software Platform: 2.7.0.108
    * File name: 8100M_PBr4.5.0_rel304_PL2.7.0.108_A4.5.0.181_Globu l.exe
    * File size: 93.65MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

* Download Software

For the best installation procedure click here.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 11-28-09 at 06:27 PM.
    11-28-09 06:22 PM
    Sweet! Installing now.
    Any noticeable differences?
    11-29-09 07:53 AM
    Oh. Its only been a few days with .180. and now .181. anyway it doesn't matter unless it has got something new. I am going to install it today!

you wanna through a quick lightning whats new with .181?
    11-29-09 08:12 AM
    It's a new radio code and all the java files are updated. Seems fine so far. Only been about 2 hours running. The browser and BBM are quick, faster than 180, eh who knows. It's getting so speedy as it is, there's just no way to judge. I'll run some data speed tests, and see if there's any difference that's apparent.

WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 08:31 AM
    Installation was successfully. It gave me unexpected memory java exception on screen. phone turned out to be slow. I received couple of calls right after the installation but phone doesn't show number on screen. It is logged as unknown number in call log list. I thought it would take sometime for code files compilation. I did reboot just for a sake of good. I just navigated to options>Advanced options>Applications and got Error 200 reset. It took 10-15 minutes to reboot and after all the phone is functioning normal. I am able to see applications list. I am not quite sure what went wrong first time. I couldn't find much information from event log as it was set to warning mode.
    11-30-09 03:14 AM
    Well I must say, as hard as it is for me to believe, the browser is remarkably faster than 180. Possibly as much as twice the speed loading youtube. Today will tell how good the radio is.

11-30-09 06:40 AM
    Interested to see the radio improvement. So far everything works 100% on this build.
    11-30-09 10:22 AM
    It's an improvement over the 205 platform for sure. Even in the elevator of a building with mostly no signal at all, I was at 105-110 and switched to GPRS. Bloody amazing, a couple more platform upgrades and I may have full EDGE everywhere.

11-30-09 03:51 PM
    sweet looks like im gonna upgrade my os tonight!
    11-30-09 05:25 PM
    Soooooo....why isn't this release a sticky yet?
    12-01-09 08:00 AM
    Soooooo....why isn't this release a sticky yet?
    I'm gonna have to go with happens on that one.

The memory recovery with this OS is surprising me. I had dropped below 10, and now it's climbed back up to 16.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

12-01-09 08:19 AM
    i have to say that i'm very impressed with this SW update, im actually able to multitask with my pearl now, as we are speaking i am running Pandora, BBM, and a web session, and still have 10MB free memory.

I have yet to see the hourglass other than when browsing the web either. This is definitely an improvement as with the old 4.5 i could barely do one thing at a time without it giving me an hourglass forever.
    12-01-09 11:11 PM
    The memory management is amazing. I noticed an increase over 174. I'm amazed.
    12-02-09 12:16 AM
    when i upgraded from 4.4 to 4.5.0.174 i noticed that when i push * or # it won't enter the call screen like it will if I enter a number (0-9)... this is an annoyance for t-mobile users who can dial special codes to check their account usage and balance like #646#

is there any word on whether this feature is still absent from 304?

also, when are we getting 4.6 for the pearl?

edit: sorry just realized I've got an 8120 and this is for the 8100
    Last edited by firstorbit84; 12-03-09 at 10:08 AM. Reason: oops: wrong forum
    12-03-09 10:03 AM
    Hey everyone
    i have .181 on my 8100. I have this wierd problem. Everytime i do a battery pull out or restart my phone, All the icons move back to their default locations...
    Is this normal and is there anything that i can do to rectify this somehow ???
    12-05-09 12:41 PM
    so far liking this OS having alot of free space(20k) and good radio signal, as opposed to .180 were I hovered around 16k of free space. dont notice as much lag either when browsing.
    12-06-09 12:34 PM
    I upgraded today. Now when I select about in options, it doesn't do anything? Other than that everything seems to be working ok. I have tons more free memory!

12-06-09 06:56 PM
    I upgraded today. Now when I select about in options, it doesn't do anything? Other than that everything seems to be working ok. I have tons more free memory!
    You removed VAD. Not a problem, from the home screen hold alt, and press E A C E. The Help Me screen will pop up, with all the info you need.
    12-06-09 10:20 PM
    You removed VAD. Not a problem, from the home screen hold alt, and press E A C E. The Help Me screen will pop up, with all the info you need.
    That doesn't seem to give me any help. It just lists some facts about my phone? I'm having many problems!

1. The about in options doesn't work.
    2. When I connect to my PC, I can't see the media card like it's a removable drive. I have all the settings correct and if I put a media card with info on it into the BB, I can look at the files just fine.
    3. Battery seems to be dead. When I use a different battery it boots up fine. With the battery for it, it has a pic of a battery with a red line through it.
    4. I don't have any data is my Host Routing Tables and very little in my Service Books. When I send it again, I don't get anything.
    5. I don't have EDGE, only edge. My phone is working for calls, SMS, MMS, and internet though?
    12-07-09 07:21 AM
    That doesn't seem to give me any help. It just lists some facts about my phone? I'm having many problems!

1. The about in options doesn't work.
    2. When I connect to my PC, I can't see the media card like it's a removable drive. I have all the settings correct and if I put a media card with info on it into the BB, I can look at the files just fine.
    3. Battery seems to be dead. When I use a different battery it boots up fine. With the battery for it, it has a pic of a battery with a red line through it.
    4. I don't have any data is my Host Routing Tables and very little in my Service Books. When I send it again, I don't get anything.
    5. I don't have EDGE, only edge. My phone is working for calls, SMS, MMS, and internet though?
    Well that's a lot more than you originally listed as wrong.
    1. The about feature missing isn't important. All the info it had the Help Me screen contains.
    2. If your options are set up correctly, I can't think of a reason the card isn't seen, except if the USB isn't working, and DM doesn't recognize your devise either.
    3. Certainly sounds like that one battery is done for.
    4&5. You must have some data, or MMS and the browser wouldn't work. Try resending your service book from a PC, through your carrier BIS website.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

12-07-09 08:13 AM
    Hi everyone, completely new so please bear with me!

I just got a BB Pearl 8100, second hand which is running v.4.2.1.103 and I've attempted upgrading to this new one. I've downloaded the DM and installed the new OS on my computer, but when I'm in AppLoader at the 'Device Application Selection' bit nothing is displayed and it says:
    "The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."
    Yes, I remembered to delete the vendor file.
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the OS. I've gone through the DM way of installing it too but it seems as if it just can't find the OS on my computer so it can install it?
    Help appreciated

Oh and I'm running Windows 7 if that makes any difference..
    12-07-09 08:59 AM
    Hi everyone, completely new so please bear with me!

I just got a BB Pearl 8100, second hand which is running v.4.2.1.103 and I've attempted upgrading to this new one. I've downloaded the DM and installed the new OS on my computer, but when I'm in AppLoader at the 'Device Application Selection' bit nothing is displayed and it says:
    "The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."
    Yes, I remembered to delete the vendor file.
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the OS. I've gone through the DM way of installing it too but it seems as if it just can't find the OS on my computer so it can install it?
    Help appreciated

Oh and I'm running Windows 7 if that makes any difference..
    Did you try to upgrade the software using DM or the "Loader.exe" program? Personally, I just d/l the file posted on here, install it, and then go to something like "Program Files\Common\Research in Motion\Application Loader\" in which I find the Loader.exe and Vendor.xml files. Delete the vendor.xml (which I see you did) and run the loader.exe. This has at least worked for me every time.

Hope that helps.
    12-07-09 01:38 PM
    That's what I do! I've tried loading it both ways multiple times now and it just refuses to work and keeps giving me that message when I use the AppLoader or just says 'There are no new updates for your device' when I try the DM.
    I managed to get an older version of the v.4.5 for now straight off the main site but it's annoying me now..
    12-08-09 03:46 AM
    i have the same problem
    12-10-09 10:02 PM
    That's what I do! I've tried loading it both ways multiple times now and it just refuses to work and keeps giving me that message when I use the AppLoader or just says 'There are no new updates for your device' when I try the DM.
    I managed to get an older version of the v.4.5 for now straight off the main site but it's annoying me now..

i have the same problem
    Chances are, you are using DM5, and it has placed a ghost copy of vendor.xml on the PC. Run a search and be sure to check hidden files. Delete any the PC finds, and then try loader.exe again. Last ditch after that, do a full wipe of the device after back up, loader.exe will load it then.
    12-10-09 10:09 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD