Im looking for an os with arabic language input...........help please
    03-03-10 12:28 PM
    Thanks BBW!

Now, this is important; will this new OS allow me to still choose between English and Mandarin languages on the phone? I don't want to PERMANENTLY stay on chinese. I'd like to switch between the two from time to time as I have multiple SIM cards. I would assume English is still on this OS, but I'd like to be sure.
    03-03-10 10:43 PM
    Okay BBW, still having the same issue as I posted above. I know its probably some stupid little thing I am not doing, but Installshield does NOT ask you for a destination folder when installing OS to the computer. Consequently, when in Apploader to "add" the OS I want to add to my Blackberry, the computer says "I don't have any software available for the device connected to my computer". I do have it, but for some reason the computer can't find it. Why not? Where does it save to after installshield runs and puts it on my hard drive? If I knew this, I'd browse and get it myself, no problemo. I did all the things step by step otherwise I just need to know why Apploader doesn't see I have a new OS on my comp. Help!
    03-09-10 07:18 AM
    Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->Shared->Loader->"Your OS is Here"

You don't see it there, either you didn't install after download, or your running a Windows version in another language.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese?, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 07:51 AM
    OK, I got the other PM. You must need to wipe your device first, it's rare unless you're on something other than 4.5 right now. Had the same issue the first time I upgraded my 8900 from 4.6 to 5.0. Hope that does it.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese?, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-09-10 07:53 AM
    Bah. You said wipe only as a last resort! Now I'm scurred. I hope it works too...
    03-09-10 08:11 AM
    I say that because too many are inclined to do it at the first sign of trouble, when the issue is usually something else. For some reason though, any leap in OS will tend to require a wipe first. Going from the first 4.5 released almost two years ago to the latest, not a problem at all. Also, loader will always perform a full wipe anyway, so it's an unneeded step that just makes getting your 3rd party apps back a PITA.

03-09-10 08:38 AM
    FINALLY! The friggin' OS loaded after 2 battery pulls and 20 minutes of waiting. It looked like it was gonna freeze, but it didn't. I now have Chinese imput. Thank God. This AFTER the 25 or so unsuccessful attempts in getting the Apploader to recognize the new OS without freezing or saying it didn't exist.

Now is there a way to change between the imputs on an options menu or something? That is, typing between English normal and pinyin on things like SMS texting? I hope so. That was the point to this upgrade.

Thank you BBW, for tolerating the rants, the swears, the horrors, the agony, the bliss, and euphoria of this extravagant upgrade adventure. I now wish to never do it again, lol.
    03-09-10 12:02 PM
    ok...so i have a t-mobile pearl 8100 using OS 4.2.1.107 on platform 2.3.0.83 and when i go to their site for upgrade its saying i have the latest OS version, as does the DM when I click on "check for updates."

are these the directions (on this thread page 1) the right ones for me? and if so, how do i tell which DM version i'm using? if they are the right directions, why won't t-mobile hook up 4.5?

sorry, im not very good at this technical stuff...

thanks guys!
    04-15-10 07:48 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD