this to much work...gimme a update that works
    12-14-08 07:17 PM
    1st post 1st 'Berry(a new Pearl).
    This os rocks! & so does CrackMem... Thank You !!!
    12-16-08 01:45 AM
    I have updated to 4.5.0.81 when that became available (thank you Garz!) and after few adjustments, the 8100 is running smoothly. Does anybody have experience with both OS? Can you please let me know what differences have you found and if it is worth the upgrade from .81?

Thank you all for your time.

gb
    .69 was very stable, then I got into some minor issues with .81 and .99
    The worst was the memory that leaked a lot and I had the hourglass popping up and staying there every now and then for no reason, very annoying. Okay that I kicked out some apps that I didn't use, found out that the FaceBook app was causing a lot of trouble but since I am on .102 (after a day o two like a car that needs it's first 1000miles to run smooth) I must say that it is the most stable OS for me yet.
    Give it a try, you can always go back
    12-16-08 05:21 PM
    i cant get this working...need sum assistance
    12-16-08 11:03 PM
    Does anyone have an issue using the facebook application with thisversion? I have version 4.50.99 and it doesnt work for the love of it! Feedback please guys, thank.

Keep up the good work!
    Had .102 on mine since the day it was released pretty much and Facebook app works great.
    12-17-08 11:31 AM
    I just installed this, I thought it was supposed to be faster. It's taking forever to do anything. Is there something I'm supposed to do?
    It takes a few hours for the phone to recover from the initial OS upgrade. I would estimate around an hour to 2 hours, then it will start running much faster.
    12-17-08 11:33 AM
    Ummm. So whenever I go to my pictures my phone just completely restarts any advice?
    Check your memory. If it is below 10MB you need to clear some stuff out and then do a complete reboot and you should be good to go.
    12-17-08 11:38 AM
    I still have .69 and when i tried to update it wouldn't update... it just ran through saying it was installing the new software but it only takes like 5 seconds and it's done.... what is wrong?
    12-17-08 03:10 PM
    Will everyone that has a problem please download CrackMem and read the INSTRUCTIONS! it helps so much...

After having the beta and the official release, I have to say this is the first OS I have had a problem with, damn memory leak, but after a few days it got better. It seems to help if you use it more the first few days after you upgrade.

I had a few strange things happen after first upgrading like no highlighting of where my selector was, AutoLock seems to work off and on, I lost a few pics then they showed back up??, and some more little things.

All in all it works but can't wait till the "official" release of .106...
    12-19-08 12:03 AM

All in all it works but can't wait till the "official" release of .106...

Since I visit this forum (2 months) I upgraded to .69 .81 .99 and 102.
    Will this ever end? Can't they just do it right in one time wait even half a year and then release a 4.6 or something. Just wondering...
    12-19-08 12:30 PM

Will this ever end? Can't they just do it right in one time wait even half a year and then release a 4.6 or something. Just wondering...

HAHAHA .. I Totally Agree With You .. Did the same thing ..
    12-19-08 05:00 PM
    Is anyone experiencing problems with this new OS? my pearl 8100 seems to be dropping calls in places it never has before *it usually has service in these places*. It like completely drops service and says "SOS" with a red x in the upper right corner. then 90% of the time it wont gain service back until i battery pull or turn off the radio/turn it back on.

Im getting really frustrated with my phone! i want to run it over with my car LOL

Help!
    12-19-08 11:57 PM
    Is anyone experiencing problems with this new OS? my pearl 8100 seems to be dropping calls in places it never has before *it usually has service in these places*. It like completely drops service and says "SOS" with a red x in the upper right corner. then 90% of the time it wont gain service back until i battery pull or turn off the radio/turn it back on.

Im getting really frustrated with my phone! i want to run it over with my car LOL

Help!
    My wife is having the same problem... maybe we'll both get a solution at the same time! Good luck...
    12-20-08 11:05 AM
    Had 1 white screen freeze first day, but after that the most stable version I've ever loaded. Maybe resending your service books would help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 12:28 PM
    Never thought the signal drop could be a OS problem. But now that you mention it...
    It happend to me in 2 new places last week. And in an elevator where I normally had a good signal.
    Really could it depend on the OS? Really hate to see an X and SOS on a BlackBerry...hey for crying out loud, it still have a BlackBerry!
    12-20-08 01:11 PM
    So after numerous failures i finally downloaded the new os
    downloaded it and installed it with dm v 4.7 i had no problems when it finally worked and everything seems to be working fine, i really like the html email. on the flip side myspace and facebook disappeared... oh well damn those social networking sites...
    12-20-08 05:03 PM
    I upgraded mt 8120 t-mobile via rogers... works great.

I upgraded my son-in-laws 8100 to 4.5 and it's crap.

Color pearl will not work.
    No email enhancement.
    The media apps are so sloooow.
    The myFavs icons disappeared.

What a waste.

JM

p.s. The restore to 4.2 was a relief.
    12-20-08 09:20 PM
    Trying to update my girlfriends 8100 (T-Mobile), didn't see this posted, but is anyone wiping their phone before loading this new o/s or are they just installing over the top? It looks like mixed results for the (T-Mobile) upgrade. I'll post after I'm finished. Hope I still have a girlfriend...
    12-21-08 09:14 AM
    I have a AT&T 8100. To me the phone seemed sluggish,lethargic and prone to memory leakage (somewhat like it's owner).

Anyways, i used to do the battery pull cha cha at least once a week and deleted apps I didn't use.

I then saw this thread and figured, hey, I live on the edge (or EDGE), I mean, I remove warning labels without reading them, swim right after eating and so on...let me try this o/s upgrade (as I never did one before...well does win 2k to XP count?).

I backed up what I thought needed to be backed up, did the xml vendor delete thingy and let the BB desktop software do it's magic.

2 sake shots and some cheese n crackers later, the phone rebooted twice and then the desktop appeared (for the lack of a better term). The trackball/selector seemed sluggish,ie, i'd move the ball and a a few seconds later the indicator would move. Crap I thought (and then I thought...mmmmm more sake).
    Another battery pull and then back to the desktop.
    i resent the service books (and some more sake down my throat) and the phone seemed like a totally new device. Speedy/agile/quick...

all in all a interesting experience
    12-21-08 09:47 AM
    Trying to update my girlfriends 8100 (T-Mobile), didn't see this posted, but is anyone wiping their phone before loading this new o/s or are they just installing over the top? It looks like mixed results for the (T-Mobile) upgrade. I'll post after I'm finished. Hope I still have a girlfriend...
    Tried just upgrading - wasn't to *my* liking.
    Did a full wipe and installed fresh ...mmm bettttter!
    BUT I still wanted more ...jonesing for a better high ...opened the shared folder and did the .cod deletes (welllll added a folder called 'removed' like the tutorial said to,and moved the .cod's to it) wiped the phone fully and reinstalled ...
    and T'ja!! that be tha one! running 40mb fresh and drops to 32 at the end of a long day.
    12-21-08 09:57 AM

The reason behind all the OS updates is with as many carries and countries RIM sells their phones in, each "vendor" finds something a little wrong with the OS and needs it tweaked so the phone will work better on their network. Understand what I'm saying? They don't release it too all the phone cause some vendors don't want it or don't want to "officially" support it...

I was just told the "beta" .106 will be released as .110 which is already out for 8120 and 8130...
    12-21-08 06:05 PM
    I installed OS 4.5.102 with minimal problems. I am running Dimension Today Plus theme. I noticed after the install the icons were in different locations and moved them around where I wanted them. Even made 3 folders to contain infrequently used icons. Now, every time I have to do a battery pull, the icons are all moved around, and my folders are gone.

Any help with this anomaly would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    12-21-08 06:21 PM
    T Mobil users ... I upgraded my bb to the new OS everything seems to be working fine but my favs are all jacked up... i have a couple of them working and the rest are all showing hour glass icons saying that they are loading but they never seem to fully load, anybody else having these problem and able to get around it????
    Last edited by JayRod10; 12-21-08 at 08:09 PM. Reason: forgot to mention t mobil users
    12-21-08 08:04 PM
    went to t mobil website and updated info and problem fixed myfavs are back!
    12-21-08 10:37 PM
    The reason behind...
    THX

I was just told....
    LOL...you were told....by Santa?
    12-22-08 03:17 AM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD