>>> good OS or not?

08-21-09 06:52 AM
    hey guys i installed the new os... and everything on my phone was working fine just really slow!... before installed the os i made a back up copy of my phone which i just previously tried to install and now when my phone boots up it says " app error 503 rest " what do i do? how do i fix this?
    08-23-09 04:06 PM
    hey guys i installed the new os... and everything on my phone was working fine just really slow!... before installed the os i made a back up copy of my phone which i just previously tried to install and now when my phone boots up it says " app error 503 rest " what do i do? how do i fix this?
    Internal error. How did you try to install the back up? Whenever you install a new OS, it tends to be slow at first, as the software integrates. A day or two at the most will usually take care of it. Also it depends on what version you upgrade from. If you have 3rd party software that doesn't work with the new version, and put it on, you will have issues. A battery pull might get you back, but for how long I don't know. Personally, I'd run loader.exe, found in the AppLoader folder inside Research in Motion's, and install whichever OS your comfortable with.
    08-23-09 04:51 PM
    Wow... so impressed with the information. Did the previous upgrade and the camera got screwed up and did this fix and it works perfect!! This is my first upgrade on this phone and thought it was broken but this information fixed it. Thanks for the great info!!! Great Work!
    08-27-09 12:02 PM
    Quick question!

I'm running OS 4.5.131 and so I was assuming this was an upgrade from that, but the platform is 3.4.0.25 which seems to be higher than the 2.7.103 that this upgrade has. Is that right or are my techno skills just faulty?

I don't want to upgrade if it's going to mess up the platform! :/
    09-07-09 02:15 AM
    If I'm not in east asia, will this work for me?

Is the OS installed in a language other than English?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    09-07-09 08:18 PM
    Also, it now says Fatal error when trying to load the OS. After it completes, that's when I get the error. Sigh. I think my phone is bricked. I lose.
    09-07-09 09:31 PM
    Also, it now says Fatal error when trying to load the OS. After it completes, that's when I get the error. Sigh. I think my phone is bricked. I lose.
    Your saying the Apploader tells you the install is complete, and yet you get a fatal error? What error # does it give you?
    09-07-09 09:48 PM
    Apploader says installation could not complete because of a fatal error. If you want that exact error message + error codes, I can try the install again. It's done it twice in a row, plus phone is bricked and stuck on the 507 screen.
    09-07-09 09:57 PM
    "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]"
    09-07-09 10:03 PM
    Ok, while it says 507, let's try a few things. First off, open your control panel, and remove the OS. then delete the link, and download and install it again. Could be your download got corrupted. Then use this to ensure you really have the phone wiped. I hope you have a good back up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/

Press the second button on the wipe first, and when the device finishes rebooting, then use the first. Then try to install it through AppLoader once again, and G_d willing, this time it will. Whatever you do, don't breath on it once you have it connected to your PC.
    09-07-09 10:04 PM
    ^---Holy cow I have no idea what you're saying. Open which control panel? Sorry, I just got the BB a few days ago. First time owning one. I'm a hardcore newb. :P
    09-07-09 10:10 PM
    ^---Holy cow I have no idea what you're saying. Open which control panel? Sorry, I just got the BB a few days ago. First time owning one. I'm a hardcore newb. :P
    You really shouldn't have tackled an OS upgrade right off the bat. But now that you've started, there's no turning back. The control panel is on your PC, then you select Add/Remove Programs, find the installed Operating System for your Pearl, and have it remove it. Then there should be a link on your PC desktop, you used to install the OS on your PC, delete that. Start the process over, and before you do the OS install, install the CrackUtil program I provided the link for. It will ensure there's nothing left on your Pearl, prior to installing it again. I'm trying to cover all the bases, so you get this puppy back up and running. Did you use CrackMem the first time to prep the OS, or just delete the vendor.xml file?
    09-07-09 10:22 PM
    Just deleted the XML file. :\
    09-07-09 10:25 PM
    Ok, that certainly simplifies the redo, but if you really want your Pearl at it's best, use my guide for the install process.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 10:33 PM
    And the CrackUtil doesn't work for me. Asks for device password and it says file access denied. Tried it like 20 times. Not having good luck at all with this. Haha.
    09-07-09 10:34 PM
    What Operating System do you have on your PC? Here's another program you can use, in lue of CrackUtil, be sure your Microsoft Net is up to date before it will work.

RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][8/18/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.5
    09-07-09 10:37 PM
    Ok so what should I do with BBSAK? Wipe device?
    09-07-09 10:53 PM
    Yes, that will do the same job as CrackUtil. Some find it easier to use.

09-07-09 11:07 PM
    Yeah my phone is totally bricked. Tried the wipe and reinstall 4 times now. No luck. Oh well.
    09-07-09 11:21 PM
    You sure you have your device model, and OS right? There's no reason why it shouldn't load. What point in the process is it tanking, and what OS did you originally have installed on it?

09-07-09 11:32 PM
    I'm using a BB 8100. Using Windows Vista. Trying to upgrade to 4.5 It gets through the entire AppLoader process and fails at the very end...giving me the error message I stated previously.

"A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]"

Everything up to that point is smooth. Looks like it installs everything fine, interfaces with the phone like it's supposed to...then fails.
    09-07-09 11:42 PM
    I'll have to check that in the morning. I'm already in bed, but it's just a couple hours away.

09-07-09 11:45 PM
    After 5 hours, I was able to get a version of the OS earlier than the one I had on before installed to at least get it out of brick mode. Still no luck with 4.5 though. Oh well. At least I can use my phone again.
    09-08-09 12:34 AM
    when it's says "EastAsia", with what lenguages does it come? or is just english?
    09-08-09 01:37 AM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD