Just picked up my Blackberry Pearl yesterday. Loving it so far, but one issue ...

How do I set a tone for voicemail messages?

I've gone into Profiles and navigated to the long list of items that you can assign tones/vibrates to, but none of my options say "voicemail." Are voicemail messages linked together with another type of message?

Thanks in advance.
    11-03-07 01:54 PM
    I think the voicemail tone is the same one you set for SMS messages. try it out.
    11-03-07 02:11 PM
    I think the voicemail tone is the same one you set for SMS messages. try it out.
    I agree with DJ on this one. I use the Pearl and, to the best of my knowledge, the voicemail notification is the same as the SMS notification.
    11-03-07 08:58 PM
    This is true voicemail is same as sms.
    11-04-07 01:00 AM
    Correct. That is because the voicemail indication system is a form of SMS message from the network. It would be nice if you could separate it and give it it's own tone but for now, it's the sms tone.
    11-04-07 01:35 AM
    I wonder if there is a way to write a program to do this? I think I will ask some of my programming budies to work on this. As I would really like two if i have a voice mail or sms message.
    11-04-07 02:02 AM
    Thanks everybody. It is indeed the same as SMS, so I've got it all set up now. I've only had my Pearl for 3 days now and I'm already an addict. Thanks again!
    11-04-07 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD