hey is it possible to disable themes? i have a wallpaper i wanna use but it is very "busy" all by itself.so i wanna disable the themes that have alot going on themselves.how do i do that?
    04-10-08 09:14 PM
    You can use a zen theme that will only have 5 icons on the bottom other than that no
    04-10-08 09:16 PM
    What theme are you referring to. If it is one that is pre installed then no you cant do that. If it is one from CB then you should be able to use the background image with any theme that you like. Hope that helps and welcome to CB.
    04-10-08 09:18 PM
    Hi . I'm a NOOB .. hardcore NOOB .. and i feel really dumb at the moment .. i downloaded the transformers ringtone to my desktop and can NOT figure out how to get this baby to Blackberry Pearl . the instructions say :

Download Ringtone! - This link allows you to download the ringtone to your PC's Desktop. From there, you can install the ringtone onto your BlackBerry through using a USB cable and your BlackBerry Desktop Manager software (no use of bandwidth).

Nowhere on my Desktop Manager Software do i find an option to do so !!!! what am i missing ??? thank you for your help .
    04-10-08 09:19 PM
    Hi . I'm a NOOB .. hardcore NOOB .. and i feel really dumb at the moment .. i downloaded the transformers ringtone to my desktop and can NOT figure out how to get this baby to Blackberry Pearl . the instructions say :

Download Ringtone! - This link allows you to download the ringtone to your PC's Desktop. From there, you can install the ringtone onto your BlackBerry through using a USB cable and your BlackBerry Desktop Manager software (no use of bandwidth).

Nowhere on my Desktop Manager Software do i find an option to do so !!!! what am i missing ??? thank you for your help .
    Use the app loader in your DM. Or do it this way. Click the link that says email me this ringtone. Make sure that it is an email address that you have on your berry. Once you get the email just open it up and click the link. Save it and poof you have a shiny new ringtone.
    04-10-08 09:21 PM
    ^ thanks .. sorry . i forgot to add that i DO NOT have internet access on my Pearl .. so downloading it from there is not an option ? i have no blackberry email at the moment . .. this is my first blackberry phone .
    Last edited by Tone; 04-10-08 at 09:24 PM.
    04-10-08 09:22 PM
    the app loader will NOT let me load the mp3 file ( ringtone ) . i'm stuck .
    04-10-08 09:24 PM
    Desktop manager it is the CD that came with your bb
    04-10-08 09:24 PM
    Hmm not sure what to tell you other than you need to get a BIS plan. Otherwise it's just a phone. LOL
    04-10-08 09:29 PM
    shouldnt the DM let me get the ringtone onto the phone though ? this sucks .
    04-10-08 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD