Hi guys,

After having used Nokia's since day 1, I'm finding it rather hard to use my new Blackberry which I bought from a friend (8100 on Orange UK).

The things I'm trying to get working are:

• Email (@mydomain.com email address / pop3)
    • Blackberry messenger

Email-
    From my research on the net, I was led to this site: business.orange.co.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Business&c=OUKPage&cid=10441327 71584#set up from the device

...which in step 1, tells me to go to:
    blackberry.orange.co.uk ..and register my device (Entering my PIN and IMEI number). However, after entering those details, then clicking 'submit, I am faced with the following error:

img252.imageshack.us/img252/6929/errorin.jpg

I have followed the steps given, and it says 'Registration message sent', but after 2 days, nothing has changed.

I now have no idea what I need to do, and since the friend who I bought the phone from is out serving in Afgan (in the forces) at the moment, I think that calling Orange will be a waste of time since the phone (I think) will be registered in his name, and I do not have his password/ account details, etc.

Blackberry messenger- I've sent a request to 2 friends blackberry pins to add to my contact list, but they're not receiving them. They have also tried sending me a request, but I do not have any. They both have the app working on their handsets meaning the problem must be with my device.

I have no idea where to start- Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide, or any help setting this up?

Is there any advice you guys can give me to my problem(s)? Many thanks
    Last edited by Orangishberry; 12-03-09 at 02:35 AM.
    12-03-09 02:33 AM
    Can't see the pictures right now, so I'll reply with another post later.

My blind two cents are that the pin needs to be released. U will need to call your carrier in order for them to release the pin.

If this is the case, then your bis and bbm problems will be solved.

Oh you do have a data plan right? If you don't, then that will be the source of your problems. No data plan would obviously equal no email, bbm, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 10:04 AM
    call your carrier to release your pin and then resend the service books. You dont need your buddy's info.

Good Luck
    12-08-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD