My BlackBerry won't ring.

When I recieve calls it will only vibrate. This is true no matter what Profile i have it set on.

another related problem is that i can't get the BlackBerry to play any sounds. That is, if i go into sample songs or ringtones and try to play them, the player comes up, but it does not play them.

please help!
    03-16-08 11:12 AM
    Does your external speaker work at all? Can you use it in speaker phone mode?
    03-16-08 01:05 PM
    Try a battery pull. With your BB on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.
    03-16-08 01:38 PM
    Try srolling down to Advanced in the Profiles menu. You can now edit tones for both in and out of the holster for every event.
    03-16-08 05:14 PM
    I am experiencing the same problems as icey_cuber. Speaker will not work at all. Will not ring. Will not play any audio media. Will not work in speakerphone mode. Ear speaker in handset mode works fine, just the external speaker will not work.

I have tried the battery pull and the Advanced Profile settings, as still nothing. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Is it possible I have broken the speaker somehow? Can it be easily/cheapy replaced? Thanks to all in advance for your comments.
    03-16-08 06:09 PM
    Try a battery pull. With your BB on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.

This worked for me. Thanks sunkast!
    03-16-08 06:21 PM
    I have the same problem. Pulling the battery and waiting 30 only fixes it for a short time then it goes back. Is there something in options?
    03-18-08 10:06 PM
    Check with your service provider. If all else has failed, you may have a defective berry. Covered under warranty(?). If not go to- BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 10:13 PM
    go to advanced and then choose phone only and it makes your phone ring
    02-11-09 07:04 PM
    I have tried all the suggesstions listed above and NONE works! I also have this crazy looking icon/symbol that shows up that looks like a rectangle with 5 stars caddy cornered that appears only in talk mode. When I call support, No Body knows what this is. Hello? Can I get some help please?! And AT&T says they can't help because their files are tied up. I cannot believe the non customer service I've received.
    08-27-09 02:22 PM
    icduc- you may have some memory issues if the battery pull only fixes it temporarily. Try here first- How to increase BB's file-free memory

To the rest of you, this may also be a memory issue. Or it could simply be some profile settings set to silent.
    Go thru your profiles (BB button> profiles> advanced> pick any profile you want to ring> BB button> edit) and make sure a profile you're using is set to "Tone" or "Vibrate+Tone" first. Then make sure the volume is not muted.

If either of these don't work, my best guess would be a faulty speaker.
    Last edited by RobotnumberOne; 08-27-09 at 04:41 PM.
    08-27-09 04:24 PM
    it could be a glitch in the OS your running Try Upgrading to A Newer OS
    08-27-09 04:31 PM
    I have tried all the suggesstions listed above and NONE works! I also have this crazy looking icon/symbol that shows up that looks like a rectangle with 5 stars caddy cornered that appears only in talk mode. When I call support, No Body knows what this is. Hello? Can I get some help please?! And AT&T says they can't help because their files are tied up. I cannot believe the non customer service I've received.
    That symbol is enhanced audio. While in a call hit the menu key and select enhanced call audio. From there u can choose bass boost, treble boost, or off. When off the symbol dissapears
    08-29-09 02:00 AM
    Should be easily fixed. That is, if you were thinking ahead and got insurance on the berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 10:18 AM
    check to see that your phone profile in Normal mode in holster and out of holster is the same. I had this problem and my in holster included vibrate and tones, while out of holster was tones only. Making both vibrate only (vibrate mode) or vibrate and tones solved the problem for me.
    11-06-09 09:00 PM
    On my Blackberry Tour, I fixed this by going into Ring Tones/Alert, scrolling down to Vibration and changing it to Custom. Once in Custom, I opted for In and Out for Holster setting and set the count to 1. Now my phone will vibrate for one count and then it rings normally.
    01-22-10 01:10 PM
    The battery pull worked for me. Thanks!
    09-02-10 09:26 AM
    no matter what profile my blackberry is in it will not play my ringtone at all! help?
    09-02-10 01:20 PM
    no matter what profile my blackberry is in it will not play my ringtone at all! help?
    I just fixed my phone. Try this;

I have the Blackberry tour. On my phone its Tools (wrench icon)- advanced options-accessibility-Event Sound. Make sure Sound is set to "On"
    09-08-10 02:17 PM
    another thing to look into..
    make sure that the mp3 ( ringtone) that you assigned is still there in the phone..
    or else it will play a different sound
    09-08-10 02:24 PM
    Had similar problem with BB 9700 not ringing/making any noise at all with incoming call, sms, etc. I tried playing music as someone suggested and it said it couldn't because voice dialing was active. Couldn't figure out how to turn off voice dialing, but turned off bluetooth and wireless--now phone rings like it should. Interested to see if the problem returns when I turn them back on.
    09-18-10 09:31 PM
    I am on my second Blackberry 9000 with the same problem. Learned today that the ring will work with the back cover OFF. As soon as i replace it the sound either lowers or goes off competely. This occurs no matter what ringtone settings are used.
    Has anyone else tried with back cover off and if so what results did you get?
    10-28-10 09:31 PM
    This is a strange problem . I have been having the same issue. (caused me to run late one morning due to alarm not sounding). The battery pull method has worked but ther have been instances where it hasn't. When all else failed i had to set the device to factory settings. I backed up my BB first on the desktop then Itook my memoy card out just in case. That worked fine. This method is my last resort due to it being time consuming butit always works. Good Luck
    11-01-10 06:12 AM
    Dunno if this will help. My Torch wouldn't ring. Tapped the Sounds and Alert icon in the All menu and got Select a Profile menu. Selected Phone Calls which got a tick mark. The phone rings now. You might have a software solution to your situation?
    11-23-10 07:59 PM
    Does your external speaker work at all? Can you use it in speaker phone mode?
    i try it n it only work when i press the speaker button
    11-30-10 04:35 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD