The title of this post caught my attention because I felt the exact same way when I got my Pearl a few months ago. I remember telling everyone I was going to bring it back before the 30 day trial period was over. It was actually CB that saved me! Without this forum I would have lost my best friend! LoL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 07:00 AM
    Hello everyone. Quick question and hopefully somebody can help me...I installed the disc that came with my BB Curve and I attempted to sync my phone with my computer. I wanted to sync everything in it such as contacts, calender, etc...it tells me to attach my phone to the USB and it"is" connected. It won't sync. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!!! What do I do??!!!
    04-28-08 07:18 AM
    I know that this must sound dumb to all of you veteran BB users, but I am confused about all of the message folders.

I have one labeled simply "Messages" that e-mails get sent to.

I have one labeled with my e-mail address which my e-mails also get sent to.

Lastly, I have one labeled "SMS Messages" which my text messages and voicemails get sent to.

What is the deal with the two message boxes getting the same messages? Why don't my texts and voicemails have different folders? What does SMS stand for?

And I do have my options set to "seperate."

Oh, and I set up my sound alerts for e-mails and I am still getting nothing. Who knew a cell phone could be so complicated! I have really appreciated all of the help you all have given me so far and I will definitely appreciate any further help I'm given as well!
    Good questions, I would like to know the answers to them myself.
    I ran into the same difficulties when I borrowed the 8800 for a week.
    Is there a way to keep voicemail, and text messages in separate inboxes?
    Is that what the separate option does?
    04-28-08 11:41 AM

I changed it to "separate" under my e-mail options but I still keep getting e-mail messages in both folders! What am I doing wrong?
    I'm new too, and I have the same question. Furthermore, when I select separate mailboxes (by doing this: home screen > messages > blackberry menu options > options > general options > SMS and Email Inboxes: separate > blackberry menu options > save), I can't open my messages at all. I can see the alert symbol just over the array of icons on the home screen, but there's no new messages under Messages or Email.

I had to go back to SMS and Email Inboxes: Theme Controlled and save that to be able to see and open new messages.

Blackberry seems to have this mindset that a message is a message is a message, and so puts email and SMS in the same mailbox. But why would I be unable to view a new SMS when I have Inboxes: separate?
    04-28-08 01:16 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD