I've had my Pearl for about a month now, and I'm starting to feel real comfortable with this unit. It is indeed a nice phone. However (you new this was coming) I have one problem that I can not figure out...

When I down load a new application on to the phone, it always places the new file on the main screen. I would like to move these files to the application folder or create a new folder to put the files into. How is this done, or can it be done?
    08-09-07 01:06 PM
    Select said icon, press menu and move...
    08-09-07 01:50 PM
    I know how to move the icon around on the screen, but I want to put the application into a folder. For example, I just down loaded a game from this website. The game icon is put onto the main page. But, I want to the game in the "application" folder right next to Brickbreaker. I can not figure this out.
    Am I doing something worng, or just missing something????

Also, is it possible to create your own folders. I would like to re-organize my main screen into different folders.
    08-09-07 08:38 PM
    I've done it before; when you do the move, select the 'applications' folder...
    08-09-07 08:47 PM
    Okay, I moved my cursor to an icon and hit the menu key. i get 4 choices; Move icon, hide icon, show all, or switch app. I select "move icon" and I am now diverted back to the home screen. How do I put this into the "application" folder. Anytime I move to the app. folder, it moves over making room for the icon I selected.

I guess that I just can not figure this one out.
    08-10-07 11:52 AM
    Okay, I moved my cursor to an icon and hit the menu key. i get 4 choices; Move icon, hide icon, show all, or switch app. I select "move icon" and I am now diverted back to the home screen. How do I put this into the "application" folder. Anytime I move to the app. folder, it moves over making room for the icon I selected.

I guess that I just can not figure this one out.

I am having the same issue here... would love to know how to get around this as well
    08-10-07 12:49 PM
    I just did it! Go to the icon you want to move, press menu / move / scroll to the applicaitons folder, and have you cursor (trackball) over it. When you do that you will see a message, "move into applications folder". Press menu / complete move!
    08-10-07 01:03 PM
    I just did it! Go to the icon you want to move, press menu / move / scroll to the applicaitons folder, and have you cursor (trackball) over it. When you do that you will see a message, "move into applications folder". Press menu / complete move!

Not that I don't believe you..lol.. I followed your instructions and even changed the sensitivity on my trackball but no luck! When I scroll over the apps folder, it just places the icon I want to move on either side of it and does not give the message 'move into applications folder'... I noticed that you are a BB Curve.. Might that make the difference here?
    08-10-07 01:20 PM

I was checking another forum on this and was told that this option of moving icons to the apps folder is not available for the 8100. It is only a feature on 4.2.2 devices, the 8300 and 8830 models. Oh well...
    08-10-07 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD