Hi! I just got a Blackberry Pearl yesterday and have a ton of questions.

Yesterday everything was working fine. Today, I got a little hefty with the downloading of applications (the GPS service, facebook, a few ringtones, etc...) and noticed a few problems. First, I noticed that my call-log is not showing up, my facebook messages aren't being sent to my phone, and my text and e-mail messages aren't being saved. I was under the impression that the SD card is only for media files, and haven't had the chance to buy one yet (but will this afternoon). Obviously the card will add more memory...so will these problems be resolved after I purchase the card?

Also, I'm not too sure how to upload music to my Pearl. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
    05-23-08 02:31 PM
    No. Your Pearl has limited memory and a lot of apps running use it. First thing the phone does to recovery memory is delete texts and phone logs. There is on this site a real good post about memory and apps and what to remove and what to keep. Do some reading here and like me, you'll be able to adjust your phone's memory and limit problems.

Do get the SD memory card as you can store ringtones, music, make and store videos, and pictures and manage them through the Desktop Manager software.
    05-23-08 04:12 PM
    here is the easiest way to add music.... connect your phone to your computer with the usb cable they gave you with the phone. Open up my computer and find your phone on there... open it up.... now go open your music folder.... now you have both windows open... click and drag your music to the music spot on your phone.... voila! music on your phone! let me know if it doesnt work and ill try to get a little more techinical
    05-23-08 04:24 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    05-23-08 09:00 PM
    Hola and welcome.
    05-23-08 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD