Im struggling to upload new themes to my pearl 8100, it seems to accept some alx. files but nothin else whys this?
    also does anyone know how to change jad. files to alx. step by step for a dummy i dont know a whole lot about this.
    08-28-09 08:52 AM
    If your installing the theme through Desktop Manager, it must be an alx file. You can easily install themes OTA using the jad link at the theme site. Make sure whichever way you choose, that the theme is for your device, and is compatible with your OS version.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 07:28 PM
    try finding a jad to alx converter. mite not work all the time tho
    08-29-09 12:07 AM
    If you're inexperienced, why try doing it the hard way, when there are plenty of OTA themes available. You click the link from your Pearl browser, and it installs on your device. Or, find them on your PC, download the install file for the PC. Point the Application Loader to the alx file for the theme, and it will install on your Pearl.
    08-29-09 12:12 AM
    k thanks guys, should have said i cant do OTA, but i think my problem is the themes are compatable with my OS as ive tried alx. and they still wont work.

cheers
    08-29-09 04:45 AM
    If your saying you don't have a data plan, then if you download the theme to your desktop, you can still use the OTA to install the theme on your Pearl. It requires a media card. Do you have one?
    08-29-09 05:50 AM
    i do have one yeah, so how does that work?
    08-31-09 02:52 PM
    we need more themes for the pearls
    08-31-09 04:03 PM
    i do have one yeah, so how does that work?
    You need the complete installation folder for the OTA install downloaded to your PC. Then transfer all the files to your SD card, use the media explore function to locate the jad, and click on it. The installation will begin, just as if you were clicking it on your browser with a data plan.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 05:47 PM
    cheers for that ill give it a go! fingers crossed. and i agree think we do need some more themes lol
    09-01-09 11:35 AM
    ive treid doing it thay way, one of them said data not dound the other gave me the option to download but then it failed. is this something to do with my OS cus it says thers no new updates.
    so im clueless
    09-01-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD