Hi another newbie here, I purchased my Pearl 8100 only yesterday, have never used one before and I'm trying to load itunes songs to it. Have downloaded 'Missing Sync' after the whole day researching, but now I'm stuck. Also what is and where is 'hotsync' !?????
    04-26-08 01:28 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Help will certainly be forthcoming in this forum but most (not all) folk have PCs.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that there is a Mac Users forum on Crackberry and you might want to post there too.

As far as your question about iTunes, the 8100 does not presently support .mp4 files. A full list of 8100 supported files types can be viewed here.

As to Missing Sync and 'hotsync', I have no clue. Someone here will, though.
    Last edited by Pete6; 04-26-08 at 01:56 PM.
    04-26-08 01:52 PM
    Hi. Thanks very much for reply. No mp4 files huh? Bummer.
    04-26-08 02:01 PM
    And for sure no DRM files either. Just use mp3s and all will be well.
    04-26-08 02:11 PM
    Check this out too. It took me a few minutes to track it down.
    04-26-08 02:48 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Help will certainly be forthcoming in this forum but most (not all) folk have PCs.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that there is a Mac Users forum on Crackberry and you might want to post there too.

As far as your question about iTunes, the 8100 does not presently support .mp4 files. A full list of 8100 supported files types can be viewed here.

As to Missing Sync and 'hotsync', I have no clue. Someone here will, though.
    According to the link you provided, mp4 is supported
    The following Audio file extensions are also supported:

.avi containing PCM, MP3, and AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
    .3gp containing MP3, AMR-NB, AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
    .mp4 containing MP3, AMR-NB, AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
    .mov containing MP3, AMR-NB, AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
    .aac and .m4a containing AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
    Note: BlackBerry handheld does not support streaming music over Bluetooth� protocol to Bluetooth headset.
    04-26-08 02:59 PM
    Cool, I am really glad to have been wrong - really.
    04-26-08 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD