I already went through that tips and tricks stickied post but does anyone have any tips on what applications are good to use? I really haven't installed any yet. I have already messed with some themes, and installed 4.5 OS.

Any awesome apps out there? or cool themes that I missed other than iberry and the storm theme.
    10-20-08 01:01 PM
    You could look at this of you haven't done so already.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 01:05 PM
    take a look at the 101 link in my signature
    10-20-08 01:12 PM
    Hi - I have 4.5 as well. I installed the Bold theme from Z man which I love. I really hadn't found a theme I liked until this one. I installed Vlingo for text messages, Viigo, Sprint NFL live & then I have shortcuts to Fox, ABC, Google news and of course crackberry. I also have soft reset, google maps and google docs, google sync and I use a little thing called Buzzd to let me know what's happening in town. I removed docs2go - for me it was giving my pearl memory issues. Oh and I use berrycons.
    10-20-08 02:21 PM
    What do I do with the .jad files?
    10-20-08 03:35 PM
    I've tried several apps, deleted quite a few, and the only ones that have remained pretty much since I initially acquired them are:

SoftReset...really a must-have app. Do some searching once you have it installed as there is a workaround that you might have to implement to "force" it to work with 4.5

Google Maps...so good I nuked BB Maps off my device. Slick interface and I like the ability of the app to triangulate your position based on cell towers. The driving directions, while not the navigator-style, are accurate and concise.

Opera Mini...if you frequent websites that are not mobile-phone friendly, you really should have this app. Works faster in this capacity than the stock browser because it loads pages first on a proxy server, compresses them then sends them to your device. Entering text is not intuitive in some places, however, and scrolling/page navigation isn't as smooth as the stock browser.

Google Mail...makes a great companion to the standard e-mail client. I have Gmail set up for IMAP, but I set my Gmail address up the standard way by simply entering my username and password and letting the BlackBerry do the rest. Deleting mails using the standard client deletes them on the server (if you allow it to), and mail sent via the standard client shows up in Gmail's "Sent Mail". However, the standard client doesn't do much more than that, so I have Gmail running all the time to give me access to contacts, starred mail, labels, and other features not available otherwise.

Facebook...I don't use it all much, but it cleverly intercepts e-mail notifications from hitting the standard e-mail client and collects them in the Facebook application. You will want to go into Facebook on your computer and trim the notifications so you're not receiving them so frequently on your BlackBerry.

And until just about a week ago, I was using and enjoying AIM, but for some reason it no longer updates conversations with other AIM users properly--a problem encountered by many folks with different carriers. I deleted the app and am hopeful the usability problems can be fixed so I can install it again.
    10-20-08 03:39 PM
    Nevermind, figured the .jad files.

Keep the suggestions coming. Definitely helping me out and I have already added some you guys suggested.
    10-20-08 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD