Hi, I just got a new BB 8220 flip for my wife. I'm have trouble with it, the signal goes SOS all the time and the phone will lock up. The software version on the phone is v4.6.0.180. I see the sticky up top about a new OS for this phone, but Tmobile says that I have the latest version. Could anyone clarify this for me, and let me know if I can use this software on my phone. I don't care about the my favs and could care less if I lose them or not. Thanks in advance.
    06-14-09 09:28 PM
    Yes you can use that OS for your phone. You have the official T-Mobile approved OS, but it is fine to use another carriers newer version. Just follow the instructions in the sticky (especially the deleting of the vender file) and you'll be fine. Hopefully this will fix your problem!
    06-14-09 09:40 PM
    If you just got the phone and they gave you a new SIM card, you should return the phone for a new one. OS 180 works fine just slow. So unless you have been installing apps the phone could be defective.
    06-14-09 09:48 PM
    Ok, thanks for the info. Just one more question though. I'm new to the BB world and if I back up my wife's 8220 with the desktop software, can I restore it back to where it is now later? again, thanks in advance.
    06-14-09 09:49 PM
    The sim card came from an old phone. The BB is an upgrade. Thanks
    06-14-09 09:53 PM
    Yes you can use the DM to create a backup and you can restore it to this phone or a new one.

The old SIM could be the problem, there should have been a new SIM in the box with the phone. Take it to a T-Mobile store and have them transfer your info to the new SIM and see if that will fix the SOS issue.
    06-14-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD