Hi, wonder if you guys can offer me some help, as I am currently suffering from some issues with the pearl.

1. Restarts frequantly - especially when sending a large file via desktop manager 4.3?

2. I am connected to a BES server with Lotus Notes as the mail tool. I have filters on my notes client, that move mail to particular folders, however, these mails do not appear on my pearl?

3. Unread Mail? - This icon shows even though I have no unread mail on the pearl, I have checked all folders within Pearl, nothing.

Hope you guys can help.
    03-13-08 07:44 AM
    1. Explain how you are sending a large file via Desktop Manager?

3. You must have some unread or save messages somewhere. In the Messages > View Folders, select each type and search it out. If still nothing, pull the battery on the BB while powered on, replace and reboot.
    03-13-08 08:14 AM
    sure.

1. I use the Desktop Manger via USB connection, to transfer files (the primary use for this tool I thought?), as files are transferring to "ring tones" for example, the phone then restarts.

2. I have searched every folder within folders on the phone, nothing, no unread mails, but mail does not seem to get diverted anyway, hence the other issue I mentioned in my previous post.
    03-13-08 08:42 AM
    Are you transferring the ringtones to your device memory or a Media Card? If you are putting "large" files" in your Device Memory, you should not.

If you have a rogue New Message icon on your Homescreen, or a negative count (-1), any one of these solutions could clear it, or reset it to zero:
    Try these options:
    • Hard Reset the BlackBerry by pulling battery while powered and reboot;
    • View Messages > Saved Messages;
    • View Messages > View Folders, check each folder (missed calls, SMS in and out boxes, MMS in and out boxes, Saved, browser, phone logs etc);
    • Scroll to top of message folder, over the date heading, click or press menu to MARK PRIOR OPEN;
    • Change your theme and see if it persists, and change back to your desired theme. (Options > Theme > select.)
    • Wipe and reload your OS.
    03-13-08 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD