i AM hesitant on downloading the new os for my pearl. I have heard of people's BB's messing up after OS updates and i needed to know all thats available before my update. Does it delete all of your stuff pics, mms, sms, and etc. Also how can the memory on your BB's battery affect your update, because until now it was unknown to me that certain batteries have memory. Also like the curve does the new OS for pearl have video rec.
    11-02-07 08:39 PM
    Yes I also wanted to know. This I will ask my friend who is a manager at AT&T if I find out first I will repost.
    11-04-07 01:52 AM
    If you are having no issues with your BB then there is no reason to update. However, that being said, the process automatically backs up all your data and settings, wipes the device, reloads the new OS, and restores your data and settings. Can things go wrong? Yes. At worst you'll have to start the process over and then any 3rd party apps you had will not be restored. You'll have to redownload them. However, your data and settings are backed up and you can manually restore them again.

The "memory" on a battery is referring to nicad batteries that, over time, will develop a memory of repeated chargings and only give that amount of power. it's much like a horse that does the same route every day. That horse isn't going to want to go anywhere else. The battery has no actual "memory" like a computer does. Also, the BB battery is LiIon so it doesn't suffer from the "memory" issues that the old nicad's did. Basically, the battery is a non issue. I do, however, always do upgrades with a fully charged battery so the battery doesn't go dead during the reboots, etc.
    11-04-07 01:00 AM
    As far as the OS update, having done this on my own pearl was a godsend. I noticed a huge difference in call quality.
    11-05-07 12:05 PM
    When was the update released and what version is it? I'm curious if I should update. And also, does anyone know WHICH batteries have memory? Thanks.
    11-05-07 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD