I have a new wrinkle on my phone that I'm confused about. Let me try and explain it as clearly as possible:

Today I dropped the phone and (of course) the battery went flying, etc...When I put it back together and turned it on, I saw a strange icon right over the icon indicating my e-mail address. This new 'icon' was a yellowish-orange little envelope in the bottom half of the e-mail messages icon. I know you're thinking that it means I have unread messages but that's not what it looks like when the phone is trying to tell me I have unread messages. I usually get a red star across the e-mail icon as well as a yellow envelope on the top left corner of the screen (this one also carries a little red star); I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. I dunno what to make of this strange little orange envelope though!!?? I don't have any unread messages so I dunno what it means!! Is it just a malfunction due to having dropped the phone??

My wife (also a Blackberry user...curve or palm) thinks that when the battery flew out causing an involuntary 'battery pull', the phone may have automatically reset or upgraded itself to a new op system and that this may be a new icon and I just don't know what it means yet...(but I don't think so). Any thoughts pleas?? I'm a tad OCD and can't stand not knowing why unexpected things happen with technology!! (I know....)

Any light you can shed on this is greatly appreciated. Thanx!!

FEDERICONGO
    07-05-10 08:24 PM
    Have you tried doing another battery pull since then?
    A screenshot would be helpful.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 08:43 PM
    07-06-10 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD