J2A Available for Free at
    J2A 1.5.1 | Brandon Swift Creations

Brandon Swift.
    Last edited by Mrulukai; 12-03-15 at 05:05 PM. Reason: New Version
    08-13-07 12:34 PM
    I've just updated the program to a version 1.2.

Note:
    J2A doesnt like JAR filenames that have spaces in them. I forgot to add this in the help file and as a pop up message on first run so I apologize. So make sure the filename for the JAR is "mygame.jar" Instead of" my game.jar"

Updates:
    New Design

Reworded messages to be a little more percise on what exactly the program is doing.

Start button doesnt freeze or disappear under any circumstances (that I know of)

Ive also fixed the ALX files so there will be no XML error when trying to load onto blackberry with desktop manager.

Ive added a debug mode so you can see what goes on when that command prompt window pops up.

Also added an ability to start or stop the sound.

Ive hopefully fixed the error where The program resets itsself and asks for directories again.

Check the help file or readme for any extra stuff.

Brandon
    08-18-07 01:43 AM
    thx man ur da best
    01-12-08 05:34 PM
    good deal, thanks
    01-12-08 05:49 PM
    Wow Old Post huh! Newest Version is 1.3.1 you can find it at Brandon.berryreview.com.

Majority of Freezing problems fixed.
    Now tells you if Jars are incompatable with J2A.

Convert Multiple Jars at once, more easily.

Glad you guys like it!
    Brandon.
    Last edited by Mrulukai; 01-18-08 at 01:50 PM.
    01-18-08 01:47 PM
    seems excellent and i was hoping to get it to work but i just cant lol. I convert the game into .alx then while transferring to my phone i get "XML syntax error on line 2" any suggestions?
    01-31-08 07:56 PM
    Hmmm... I havent seen that error since version 1.0? I'd say get the newest version 1.3.1. If you have it and it still doesnt work, try another jar.
    02-01-08 12:46 PM
    I installed the new version and got the same error, any jar files you have that you know work i cant test to make sure its that problem?
    02-01-08 03:50 PM
    How do I do this with a Mac?

I have 4 versions of need for speed [all jar] and I wouldn't mind not having to play 'brickbreaker' for the rest of my days ..

EDIT: I found a way to do it via USB without converting files: D+D the jar file into your BB directory and the go 'explore' then you will see the file, click on the file and 'download'.

I havent got it to install the game yet, but I will keep you'all posted

I am having a little trouble :: See my other thread
    Last edited by lmcsp; 03-27-08 at 04:58 AM.
    03-27-08 03:37 AM
    Thanks for the link.
    03-27-08 06:22 AM
    Thanks dude.
    03-27-08 07:13 AM
    Not to rain on your parade but, the pearl will convert the jar by itself. If your gonna do it using DM anyway why wouldnt you just have the phone do it for you?
    03-27-08 02:12 PM
    Not to rain on your parade but, the pearl will convert the jar by itself. If your gonna do it using DM anyway why wouldnt you just have the phone do it for you?
    ... The most late response ever... Well from my experience I have a hard time trying to get my pearl to convert jars. If I download one OTA the jar may be to big or my signal may go out or sumthing, I try to do the media card jar install and I've never got that to work, and if the jar im trying to install is incompatable, my phone freezes. I just find it easier to use this.

Oh and this program is at a version 1.4 now =D. Woot

Brandon.
    08-03-08 01:11 PM
    Does this work with .JAD too ?
    02-21-09 07:36 PM
    .Jad's are only descriptors of Jar files. Jar files contain the actual program which needs to be converted.

Brandon.
    02-22-09 05:36 PM
    When i run the program it said "game error" or something like that
    02-22-09 06:09 PM
    I've downloaded some .jar and .jad game files from mobilerated.com and tried to convert them but it keeps saying.."sorry file '0' is not a valid file" or something to that effect. I guess I'm stuck with brickbreaker FOR EVER!

Ok I got the some files to convert, but when installed onto my Pearl, there is an error code which I can't remember now..lol

My phone is running version 4.2.1 so I can use the JDE 4.2 right? I dunno, I think I just gave up.
    Last edited by layspeed; 02-26-09 at 10:08 PM.
    02-26-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD