I just bought a Blackberry pearl from Ebay. The seller just notified me that when I receive it, I will have to reset it because he forgot the password...

No big deal, Ive had a Blackberry 7290 for a few years now and have had to reset it a few times....

Is resetting the Pearl like it is with the 7290, if I enter the wrong password in x amount of times, will it hard reset all by itself?

Thanks in advance. btw, love this site!!
    Last edited by MichBlackberryBoy; 03-17-08 at 05:56 PM.
    03-17-08 05:48 PM
    correct, but i would look into it further, as there might be a shady readon for you to have to reset it, Call ATT and have them check the PIN and IMEI, to make sure its clear.
    03-17-08 05:51 PM
    Im going to err on the side of honesty, he says just forgot his password because he switched providers a while back and threw the phone in a drawer.

Of course, I will call AT&T as soon as I receive the Blackberry and make sure its clear...

So after I do a password reset, will I have to re-download anything? Does it just wipe personal data, or everything including programs?
    03-17-08 06:06 PM
    I bought a phone off ebay last year, and when I went to register it I found out it was stolen! Please be careful when buying phones off ebay!! They have no way to regulate it, from what they told me when I complained!
    03-17-08 06:42 PM
    Ok, ok. I get the point.. I will definately check it out.

In the meantime, will I have to re-download app's or will doing this "try the password 10 times" trick just reset the password and personal information?
    03-17-08 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD