Hi, everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself, as I'm sure I'll be on here asking questions (and hopefully posting positive comments) pretty frequently.

I bought my first BB a year ago exactly. It was the pink Pearl from Alltel. I looooved that phone. I loved the way it looked, the way it felt in my hand, and I really really loved SureType. Sure it took me a while to catch on, but once I did I could text SO fast! I can't even go that fast on the full QWERTY keyboard of my Curve. Looking back on it, I wish I hadn't decided to exchange it for the 8330. The main reason I decided to do so was because I wanted the bigger screen, and everyone told me I'd like the QWERTY keyboard so much more. So I gave in and exchanged. The 8330 is a decent enough phone for sure, but I've always missed so much about the Pearl.

I'm due for an upgrade in early March and have had my heart set on the new Tour 2. My 8330 seems to be dying on me though, and I refuse to pay for an insurance claim when I haven't been THAT crazy about the phone and would only need it for another month anyway. For some reason I'd been thinking a lot lately about how much I miss the Pearl. Long story short, I found an amazing deal on ebay for a Flip last night that included a "like-new" silver Flip that also comes with a 4 gb memory card, car charger, and everything that comes in the box when you buy it new. I placed a bid not thinking I'd actually win it but I did! So yay! I should have it by the middle of next week.

I'm a little nervous because it seems like these Flips can have a lot of problems, and since I can't just take this back to the company for a replacement I could be screwed. But the seller stated the phone works perfectly so maybe I'll get lucky. I'm so excited to try it out, and who knows... Maybe I'll like it so much that I won't even go for the Essex. Or I'll still get it and take turns using both.

Glad to be a part of the Flip family (almost)!
    01-21-10 02:16 PM
    hope this assures you alittle that youll be ok. the majority of the flip issues were software. the phone is not know for screen issues or trackball issues or internal memory issues. all in all reliable devices. i will admit i have reloaded my os multiple time but to say the least it cause i was playing with handfulls of beta os and themes and make my own themes and would up load them constantly, i put my phone through **** and its very dependable. you should be fine and if you have issues message me and ill try my best to help.
    01-22-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD