I have a Pearl 8100, T Mobile... and... there's just a lot I have questions about.

I can't seem to store a lot of music on my phone, can I add a memory card or something? If so, what kind would I need... and where would I put it? Would that also make my phone faster? And not delete my messages?

I also can't seem to put music in my "music" folder when I have it hooked into my computer. I was wondering if this somehow tied into the memory card thing. Also, is a memory card the same as a "media card"? I keep seeing a lot about media cards.

Is there any way I can delete some of my default backgrounds and ringtones? I'm not going to use them...

When I edit my ringtones, what does "in holster" mean?

I appreciate any and all help! I love my Blackberry very much, but it gets so confusing sometimes. =)

Thanks!
    Last edited by mssjnnfer; 12-28-08 at 12:12 AM.
    12-28-08 12:10 AM
    Yes you need a memory card. It is the same thing as media card. You can only store media related files on it. Make sure you enable mass storage mode when you get one.

In holster is a term used when you have your phone in a case that has a sleeper magnet.
    12-28-08 12:21 AM
    Get the largest media card you can move all your music to it. Then also look up freeing memory on this site and you will learn a lot about freeing up space.
    12-28-08 12:29 AM
    Thanks guys! Oh, and this probably sounds very dumb (like I said, VERY new to blackberry) but how do I enable mass storage mode?

Also, do I put it somewhere inside my phone? I feel like an ***** asking, but when I take my battery out to restart it I don't see anywhere for a media card...
    12-28-08 12:42 AM
    12-28-08 12:47 AM
    how do you know if a holster has a sleeper magnet?
    12-28-08 01:07 AM
    It's usually listed as a feature when you buy one. And you'll know when you put the phone into it.
    12-28-08 01:12 AM
    LOL. I have been like searching on here for hours and it's been right under my nose. I'm kind of embarrassed. THANKS AGAIN! <3

ON TO MY CRACKBERRY ADDICTION! =D
    12-28-08 01:41 AM
    Here I am again.

And this time I actually looked through the forums before I'm asking, LOL...

So, I totally blinged my pearl out with bling pearl. I love it! Only problem is... the color isn't very bright. And the only reason I know this isn't as bright as it can be is... when I lock my phone, right when the screen turns black, the pearl is lit up SUPER DUPER BRIGHT AND COLORFUL. It pains me. Why can't it ALWAYS be that color!? It seems that's the only time it is, too... when the screen turns off. And then the color is only bright for a second or two.

Is there any way to keep it bright ALL the time? (I don't worry about running down the battery... I'm OCD and charge it every night, and I have a car charger and... I don't mind charging it. lol)

Like I keep saying, thanks again for the answers. I'm the first of my "group" and family to get a blackberry... So there isn't much help for me with them, lol.

I am slowly trying to convert them though. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    12-28-08 03:23 AM
    Here's a new one.

So, my battery is low and I have the yellow blinking light. I get a text and all of the sudden the light turns an INSANE HUE OF BLUE. And it's bright as crap.

Weird.

So I check the text and the light turns off. It wasn't a blinking light.

The yellow continues to flash.

I get an EMAIL.

The light turns MAGENTA. (not red. MAGENTA) And it's SUPER BRIGHT. Until I check said email.

o_O

Is my phone like possessed? I checked How To Lecture 15, but it didn't say anything about these odd colors. lol. Sometimes it will be bright green... Sometimes a funny white. It's weird.
    12-28-08 06:03 PM
    Should probably charge your battery.
    12-28-08 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD