I just got a Blackberry Flip, which is my first BB.. It seems that I don't have an internet browser whatsoever and there are no ringtones or anything on my phone.. what's the deal? Is it possible to get an internet browser loaded? I have the data package and all that set up, just no actual browser application.. I'm stumped. Pretty much the only thing I have is the ability to call and text.
    07-01-09 08:31 PM
    Go to options>advanced options>host routing table>menu>register now and see if that fixes it for ya...
    07-01-09 08:35 PM
    If that doesn't help, login to your carriers BIS site and send your service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 08:38 PM
    Go to options>advanced options>host routing table>menu>register now and see if that fixes it for ya...
    Thanks for your time.. When I go to Host Routing Table a long listing comes up.. all are "Alltel" followed by 4 different letters/numbers in brackets..
    07-01-09 09:45 PM
    If that doesn't help, login to your carriers BIS site and send your service books.

I'm not sure what this means, sorry! lol Thank you for trying to help me..
    07-01-09 09:47 PM
    From that Host Routing Table screen, press Menu and select Register Now.

07-01-09 09:47 PM
    From that Host Routing Table screen, press Menu and select Register Now.

Oh duh. I did this now.. it said something about sending and I don't think anything has changed except now it shows I have a new message that I can't find.
    07-01-09 10:00 PM
    Oh duh. I did this now.. it said something about sending and I don't think anything has changed except now it shows I have a new message that I can't find.
    It's probably the welcome message from the network. Go to messages and hit "u" for any unread message.
    07-01-09 10:02 PM
    Found the message.. just said I have now been registed with the wireless network, but no changes to the phone.. Thanks.
    07-01-09 10:02 PM
    Found the message.. just said I have now been registed with the wireless network, but no changes to the phone.. Thanks.
    Give it a minute or two and you should see the browser icon...
    07-01-09 10:04 PM
    Go to this link: BlackBerry Internet Service It's Altells BIS site. Login, if you haven't created an account there, create one, then you should have an option to Send Service Books. Click on it and it should appear after a couple minutes.

07-01-09 10:08 PM
    Okay.. no icons have appeared and when I go to create an account at the BIS site, it says my phone has not been registered with the wireless network.
    07-01-09 10:18 PM
    Anyone? Tried registering again.. got message saying it was done, no changes and BIS won't let me create an account yet..
    07-02-09 08:46 AM
    Ok, here's a couple more options you can try.

1: Are you sure it's not hidden? On your homescreen w/ icons, press Menu>Show All
    2: Have you ever upgraded your OS? If so, plug your phone into your computer. Go to App Loader, check to make sure the Browser is an app that you want to put on and select Finish.

07-02-09 09:27 AM
    Any luck so far?
    07-02-09 12:44 PM
    Okay, it's not hidden... got on my computer and to the App Loader.. I can't find anything on this list that seems to be a browser. There is Application Center, a few language options, a couple of games, Maps, and Messenger.. not much else?
    07-02-09 12:49 PM
    It also has BB 4.6 System Software and BB 4.6 Core Applications.. which are shown as being on the phone already.. which shouldn't a browser be part of that?
    07-02-09 12:56 PM
    I did find and add the "sample pack" through the App Loader which at least gave me a few images and tones, but any sort of browser is still MIA..
    07-02-09 02:28 PM
    I just stumbled across something on accident.. I was in a text message and held down my menu button.. a screen with 4 icons popped up and one is a browser.. along with messages, phone, and home screen. When I select browser the BB screen comes up but then says "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device." Does that help with any more ideas?

Thanks again for everyones info..
    07-02-09 03:33 PM
    It can sometimes take 24-48 hours after activation for the data to take effect. Not always, but sometimes they are slow.
    07-02-09 06:20 PM
    Here's what you should do. This should finally solve your problem. Call your carriers CS and have them send your service books. After they do so, it should show.

07-02-09 08:50 PM
    Sounds like u don't have a BB data plan...happened to me with sprint-had 'wrong data' plan....

07-02-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD