Hi,

I've been trying to program my BB and BT so that I can do as little 'hands on' when dialing and talking as possible. I'm doing this so that I can call folks (but only where is is legal and safe) when I'm driving.

The instructions as I interpret them, call for a lot of button pushing on the BB, and some on the BT as well.

The only other option seems to be to have the BT on all the time, an option I really don't want.

THANKS!!
    07-22-09 11:31 AM
    Hi,

I've been trying to program my BB and BT so that I can do as little 'hands on' when dialing and talking as possible. I'm doing this so that I can call folks (but only where is is legal and safe) when I'm driving.

The instructions as I interpret them, call for a lot of button pushing on the BB, and some on the BT as well.

The only other option seems to be to have the BT on all the time, an option I really don't want.

THANKS!!
    you can assign the manage connections to one of the side quick acess keys and then you can pop that menu quick and turn on and off as you need.
    07-22-09 12:16 PM
    Thank you.

I have a new Pearl, and unfortunately, it only has one side button,which I use a lot when I change from ring to vibrate.
    07-31-09 08:37 AM
    Your new pearl will have 2 button, one on each side. A great program you might want to check out is called SHORTCUTME.

It allows you to have multiple things assigned to the convience keys, simply by multi clicking the button.

One of the options is to turn the BT on and off.

Great program, love it, if you have any other questions just ask!
    07-31-09 12:04 PM
    There is only one button press involved in making or taking a call with a BT headset. My Flip stays holstered the entire time. I press the BT headset's Call button, Flip says "say a command" through the headset, I say "call John Doe mobile" (assuming John Doe's cell phone number is in my contact list), and my BB makes the call. I press the Call button again to end the call.

Are you trying to avoid turning your phone's BT on/off when you want to use your BT headset? You don't have to keep switching it on and off on your phone, just leave it on all the time. Power up your headset when you put it on, and it'll connect to your Flip in standby mode.
    07-31-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD