I've been anxiously waiting for more news about the 9100 Pearl. Thanks to Crackberry and Kevin, we have some new pictures!

First Look: Blackberry 9100/8100 Comparison Photos
    12-14-09 01:26 PM
    The pics are great! Now if we can get accurate specs. Hopefully. Kevin gets those and post asap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 02:49 PM
    im loving it, but accurate specs would greatly be apperciated. thanks
    12-14-09 02:55 PM
    It pays to be on Crackberry, so we get the info first!
    12-14-09 03:10 PM
    I think the pearl 8120 is made better then the new one. The products used in the old pearl are much stronger and better looking. Chrome sides with chrome buttons that operate and hold up forever. The new pearl has better operating system, memory and is just a better phone. Combine both the building techniques and new systekms and you have one **** of a phone.

12-29-09 08:12 AM
    I think the pearl 8120 is made better then the new one. The products used in the old pearl are much stronger and better looking. Chrome sides with chrome buttons that operate and hold up forever. The new pearl has better operating system, memory and is just a better phone. Combine both the building techniques and new systekms and you have one **** of a phone.

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology....we can make him better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster."
    Sorry, that's what first came into my mind when I read your post! I can totally attest to the durability of the original Pearl; mine has survived well, but my coworker had her 8100 for TWO YEARS and you would not believe the abuse she put it through. Her daughter was waiting for a liver transplant to my friend carried her phone on her person 24/7, usually in her back pocket. It got sat on, dropped, dunked, cracked, taped (the battery cover was literally in two pieces with a wide strip of packing tape) and it worked like new. She actually mourned for her Pearl when her husband bought her an iPhone, almost took the new phone back but gave it a chance and now she's okay with it but still misses her Pearl for its ease of use. I'm just hoping the 9100 will be durable too. The back certainly looks sturdy but I'm reserving judgement until I see it in person.
    12-29-09 04:01 PM
    Is the screen going to be exposed? or will it be behind something like the 83xx and the first pearl? Thats one thing i did miss about my 8330 when i went to the tour.. the 8330 felt like it could go thru anything, the tour i was afraid to drop an inch. Im using a 8130 right now and it feels even sturdier than the curve.
    12-30-09 09:42 PM
    I was hoping to wake up to the pearl striker now available at T-Mobile stores near you. What happened to the 12-15-09 release date? I am very anal about this new phone. Come on Rim, you are waiting to sell all the other new phones released before releasing the new pearl, right. You have customers that want just that style phone. Release the darn thing. I want it and I want it now.

01-01-10 01:51 PM
    I was hoping to wake up to the pearl striker now available at T-Mobile stores near you. What happened to the 12-15-09 release date?
    That date was never was official - just someone's wishful thinking getting posted somewhere and getting everyone else all riled up about it.

Until you see RIM actually announce it, don't believe any other posted release date.

I figure we'd be lucky to get it by the middle if January, but I don't really expect it before March. I also figure we'll get closer to a release once more pre-release models are seen in the wild - just like the Bold 9700 was seen more and more out-and-about just before it was officially released.
    01-02-10 01:16 PM
    Crackberry will let us know! But first, Kevin will have to move this forum out of the rumored devices!

01-03-10 12:02 AM
    I am extremely interested in this device I hope it comes out soon.
    01-07-10 06:08 PM
    If that is whagt we are waiting fore then "Kevin" move this out of the rumor section of the foruyms. "I want that phone"

01-07-10 07:27 PM
    The full black color is awesome wouldnt want to go back to the suretype keyboard
    01-07-10 11:59 PM
    If that is whagt we are waiting fore then "Kevin" move this out of the rumor section of the foruyms. "I want that phone"

What I meant to say is that Kevin will move the 9100 forum when the phone
    is REALLY officially announced by RIM... not based on some videos, unfortunately.

So, we wait.
    01-08-10 11:54 AM
    Yes, Thanks for the pics!
    I have a g1 and would very much like to get back with the Blackberry family. I first had a Blackberry Pearl.. and I loved it.

Does anyone know if the Pearl 9100 will be sold by Tmobile in January 2010?

peace
    01-08-10 04:21 PM
    Does anyone know if the Pearl 9100 will be sold by Tmobile in January 2010?
    Until we hear from RIM, we don't know if it will even be out this month to anyone.
    01-08-10 05:18 PM
    So then we have no idea (rumored or otherwise) of which providers might be picking up this phone?

I just broke down and upgraded my Pearl with a 9700 on Tmo, but I've still got time to return it. I just love the small form factor of the Pearl, and I would go back to it in an instant if I could get Touchpad, 3G, & GPS.
    01-09-10 08:54 AM
    Well, the first pre-release units that we see in the previously posted pics and videos had AT&Ts 3G bands. So from that, we can only assume that AT&T will be at least among the first to get them. Whether or not they are the only ones to get them in the first round, who knows. But since other carriers have Pearls and do well with them, I'd guess AT&T won't be the only ones to have the 9100.
    01-09-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD