Hi all.

Had my flip for about 2 months now. Love the phone, if maybe a little slow at times, and was wondering about a couple of things.

First I have some icons for gameloft, msn, facebook ect. I don't want them on the phone and was wondering how i got rid of em. I tried doing a factory reset and they are still there. I don't actually remember having them on there when i first unboxed it.

Second is that I am wanting to know some good tips and tricks to get the most out of it. I know it's not as powerfull as the curves and beyond, but there must be some tricks to combat the slowdowns that occure every now and again.

Looking forward to becoming an active member of the community.

James.
    07-09-09 10:06 PM
    Your phone sucks my phone > *
    07-09-09 10:06 PM
    my phone does tricks!!! just call you girl and see where she is! hahaha
    07-09-09 10:23 PM
    Go to options>advanced options>applications find the ones you don't want and delete them. Don't reset your phone after each delete just delete what you don't want and when you get to the last one you don't want allow your phone to reboot. That should do it. And if the icons are still there you can hide them by highlighting them and pressing the blackberry menu key and select hide. This is in case you want to reinstall them. Or just delete them the same way..highlight>blackberry key>delete.

Also.. there is this search option for the forums. it is awesome. check it out. Pretty much any question you can think of has been answered.
    07-09-09 10:46 PM
    Thanks for the info.

Unfortunatly they are not applications. I looked everywhere and found them in my service book. I tried deleting them but they just turned back up when my phone restarted after installing facebook. It's only a slight niggle with them but I like to try and keep a clean phone if possible. I even tried doing a factory reset and deleting all 3rd party apps. Slightly annoying.
    07-10-09 06:08 PM
    Hi all.

Had my flip for about 2 months now. Love the phone, if maybe a little slow at times, and was wondering about a couple of things.

First I have some icons for gameloft, msn, facebook ect. I don't want them on the phone and was wondering how i got rid of em. I tried doing a factory reset and they are still there. I don't actually remember having them on there when i first unboxed it.

Second is that I am wanting to know some good tips and tricks to get the most out of it. I know it's not as powerfull as the curves and beyond, but there must be some tricks to combat the slowdowns that occure every now and again.

Looking forward to becoming an active member of the community.

James.
    for slow downs you may want to do an OS upgrade if you havent and for icons some will repop but you just need to move them to any of the folders and hide them or just hide them on the home screen and u wont see em again.
    07-11-09 07:25 AM
    hello James.."
    well. im New Owner for 8220 Flip too""
    a bit Slowly Than my Other Bold.."
    but I Love..." Flip Stylish.."
    and Maybe.. Its because." i Have Not Upgrade my Os Yet..
    i will try Later....

Enjoy Your Phone"
    07-11-09 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD