Quick question....when typing, how do I get rid of the blackberry trying to finish the word I am trying to type. It is so annoying and wastes time because the word is usually not what I want. I prefer just to double tap and get the letter/word I want by doing it that way. Is there anyway to just do that? By the way, love the Pearl!! Thanks for your help!
    01-25-08 08:09 AM
    I am new here as well, and from what I have read and I have been trying this since I got my phone last week. If you just keep typing the word and dont look at the screen the word will turn out correctly. If you try it, it actually works.

or you can hit the menu button and scroll down to enable multi tap.

but try the suretype as i am really starting to get use to the ease of it.
    01-25-08 08:13 AM
    Thanks for your help. I will try it.
    01-25-08 09:02 AM
    Quick question....when typing, how do I get rid of the blackberry trying to finish the word I am trying to type. It is so annoying and wastes time because the word is usually not what I want.
    Don't look at the words as you're typing, Sure Type may look like its forming the wrong word but will most often choose the correct word once enough letters are typed. Just keep typing without looking, you'll be surprised how accurate it is.
    01-25-08 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD