Sup gangstas, I got a blackberry pearl 8130 about a month ago with bell canada. I had been very happy with it up untill the past day or two, when it started acting up.

I just started downoading third party apps on it in the last week (vlingo, google maps, opera mini[which i didnt like and got rid of fast] weather eye, facebook and soft reset). It started to open the vlingo voice thing when I clicked the trackball as if it were the side button off and on yesterday.

It got bad so today that I updated my os to v4.5.0.77 and got rid of vlingo and google maps. which made everything run alot smoother. I also updated my windows live messenger because I was getting an error 65 message when I'd try to sign in, it still says "cannot connect to server" sometimes but it works a lot more often and it has a sleeker gui, also it shows sub names and display pics which I really like.

Anyways it was working well after that all day untill about 2 hours ago when I was going out to meet up with a friend, it started messing up thinking I was constantly clicking and it started sending texts to the first name in my contacts, which was actually kinda funny because someone got the text "its to late for burgs" at like 2 in the morning randomly. After not being able to stop it I pulled the battery, I put it back in and rebooted a couple times but it kept doing this. Then after 2 or 3 hard reboots it just froze and nothing I pushed would make it work, but the time and internet arrows kept going and it received a text and showed it on the icon.

I walked home and plugged it into my usb and after letting it sit for a minute its working completely fine again. I don't know whats up with this thing, my battery was almost full. It is a loaner phone that one person had before me. I got a curve but they didnt have any in stock, which they still dont and they said itd be a week. I kinda thought it might be because of the cold, it is 0 C and foggy out.

Has anyone heard of pearl buttons malfunctioning in cold or humid temperatures? Sometimes I skate with it in my pocket, but i havent fallen especially hard on it... yet, but thats why I got blackberry care insurance, which is 7 bucks a month but covers everything.

Is it bad for a blackberry to uninstall programs like on a computer? Also I only have 10 MB left on the internal memory, could that contribute?If anyone has any ideas that might help me, or tips to make my blackberry run faster let me know.
    02-12-09 05:55 AM
    A good place to start would be freeing up some memory using the thread in my signature.
    02-12-09 07:53 AM
    And Pearls are well known for having major snafus with the Facebook app. You might seriously think about dumping that and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 08:45 AM
    The Facebook did not agree with my Pearl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 12:23 AM
    get rid of facebook it's the devil lol
    02-13-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD