Hey guys,

SOOO ive just gotten my first blackberry. So far i have done absolutely nothing with it. I tried to install the destop manager thingo and the cd installed but i cant click on anything because it says that my phone is not connected. Even though my computer and phone both recognise that it has been connected to another device. I just want a new ring tone

Please Help me..

Abs
    04-26-09 06:06 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Let's go slowly here. Which version of Desktop Manager are you running [4.6 or 4.7]?

When you connect you phone via the USB port, please make sure that the USB cable goes directly into the PC and not into a USB hub.

When you look at the Desktop Manager panel, your phone's PIN (unique identifier for all BlackBerry's) should display at the bottom left of the screen. The PIN is 8 characters long.

Once you have got to this stage, things should be easier as you are now correctly connected.

There is a second way to connect is via Mass Media Mode and here you still need the connection above to have worked but not to be running as it just uses the drivers.

Mass Media Mode is just a way to use your BlackBerry as a USB drive. This is a pretty handy way to work because you can drag and drop stuff to and from your phones microSD card.

If you do not have a Media Card then I suggest you obtain one since you phone has quite limited memory. There is a link in my signature that may help you with choosing a Media Card.

There is a third way to get a ringtone to your phone and it is called OTA (Over The Air). To do this, you navigate with your phone to a site that has ringtones and supports OTA downloads.

If all this does not get you to where you wish to be, then please get back here with more questions.
    04-26-09 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD