I am a new user with a Blackberry Pearl 8130 and am trying to use it as a modem. Everything works with this but I cannot SEND emails. This is very frustrating as I bought this phone especially for the email functions. Our carrier is Alltel and I am using Lotus Notes. Does anyone have any ideas? Alltel tells me they don't know and can't help me. Also, how do I get my business emails to come to my phone?

Please help!
    Last edited by HarleyK; 05-27-08 at 10:42 PM.
    05-27-08 10:23 PM
    Does your company have a BES?
    05-28-08 06:52 AM
    BES is Blackberry Enterprise Server. If your company doesn't have a BES, you can try to redirect the company email via the internet - that is if your company email can be accessed via the web. Try the desktop redirector. If your company does have a BES, have your IT guy walk you through. It was really simple for me. I downloaded the Desktop Manager and sent an email to my IT guy, he did some magic, and I started getting emails. As far as the tethered modem function, find out about your company's BES and see if that helps.
    05-28-08 07:14 AM
    Yes, my company has a BES. I am able to use other company functions when tethered to my laptop....receiving emails, placing orders but I cannot send emails.

When I was setting up the modem, I was given an option for either a BES or redirect and the Alltel people told me to choose redirect. I wonder if I should have chosen BES since my company has one. Could it be that simple?
    05-28-08 04:38 PM
    Yes, I believe it is that simple!! Should have chosen BES and not redirect. Although I'm not sure why or how that would affect your tethering issues...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD