Ok,

My girlfriend was installing OS 4.5.0.46 (not sure if that's correct) and at some point, something happened where the install failed after deleting all the programs and OS. Now, when I start the phone, I get the hourglass, but then it goes to a white screen with a black bar on top. There is no back-up for the phone. What do I do?
    07-18-08 07:34 PM
    07-18-08 07:38 PM
    Thank you. That was the link I've been searching for!
    07-18-08 07:39 PM
    Ok, there is one last problem. When in the desktop manager, it says it is unable to connect to the device.

When I go to update the applications, it prompts me for her password, which she says she did not put one on, and which device I want to update. It doesn't really require the password because if I hit ok it takes me straight to the update screen, but it stays stuck on connecting to device and says it's unable to connect. AAAHHH!
    07-18-08 07:47 PM
    Did you try all the steps in the first link?
    07-18-08 08:01 PM
    I got the OS loaded on using the loader only. Now the phone's stuck with the hourglass rotating which should take a while, but the software was successfully transfered to the phone. Thanks dude.
    07-18-08 08:12 PM
    Once the BB is usable again, grab the biggest thickest dictionary (hardbound unabridged will work the best) and smack yourself in the head for not doing a backup before loading a new OS version. LOL Oh my I would be flipping out to not have a backup to fall back on with such a major change as an OS upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD