I have downloaded a few new themes for my blackberry pearl flip 8220 yet I cannot find them in the theme category of my phone .. I have installed them through the Blackberry Desktop Manager and it says that they are installed , yet i cannot find the new themes anywhere on my phone .. Could someone please help me out and give me some advice as to how to get them to show up on my phone ??
    01-23-11 06:49 PM
    Do they show up in the "Applications" section on the device itself? Also make sure the themes you download are speficially designed for use on your device.
    01-23-11 06:54 PM
    And make sure you have the correct Device OS version on your phone.
    01-23-11 07:05 PM
    Do they show up in the "Applications" section on the device itself? Also make sure the themes you download are speficially designed for use on your device.
    no they do not .. and yea i made sure they were for my 8220 .. they arent in the downloads folder either
    01-23-11 07:11 PM
    And make sure you have the correct Device OS version on your phone.
    how do i do that ?? lol sorry this is my first blackberry .. just switched from the andriod system
    01-23-11 07:11 PM
    Do a battery pull. Sometimes themes won't show up until the device is reset. In fact the instructions for some of the themes I've bought recommend it after installing them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 06:17 PM
    One more thing is that you need to make sure that the theme you are attempting to install is designed to support the OS on your device. For example, a theme designed for the Bold 9700 with an OS of 5.0.0.XXX will not operate on a Bold 9780 running os 6.0.0.XXX.
    01-24-11 06:26 PM
    One more thing is that you need to make sure that the theme you are attempting to install is designed to support the OS on your device. For example, a theme designed for the Bold 9700 with an OS of 5.0.0.XXX will not operate on a Bold 9780 running os 6.0.0.XXX.
    how do i check the OS on my phone ?? and the theme ??
    01-24-11 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD