Hey everyone, I am a new bb pearl user, or will be soon hopefully!

Anyway I bought a bb pearl off of Craigslist and I knew that it had an issue to begin with. The screen would not turn on but the red light came on. I googled this issue and realized that it was most likely a software issue and the OS needed to be reinstalled. I did that. Then I realized that the screen still did not work. So i purchased a new screen and replaced it and now the screen just stays white but I can still use the phone (make and receive calls). Is there anything else I can do to solve this issue or do I now have a fancy paperweight?

Edit: Alright I just looked at the battery and it seemed that there has been some water damage. Thing is I know the blackberry works because I was able to broadcast the screen onto my computer. Is there anyway to salvage this or do i need a new bb pearl?
    Last edited by srawas89; 08-26-10 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Found some new info
    08-26-10 06:40 PM
    Pretty sure the phone is toast. :/ you could always take the phone apart and make sure you've connected th screen properly. If you have - do you have insurance? If so - you could do an insurance claim and get a new pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 12:34 AM
    Could just be the screens not wired correctly. Either water damaged or check your installation job again.

I'm assuming you tried a battery pull(with the phone on) already.
    08-30-10 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD