Hi All,

I'm hoping that someone can help me here. I've tried searching the forums for this but came up empty. I have an 8130 pearl running 4.5.0.131 for verizon and it's hooked up to my company's BES server. My problem is that i'm missing "Allow" as a choice in some of my default application permissions and it is keeping me from installing and running some 3rd party apps that i want to run.

If i go to Edit Default Application Permissions the following items under Connections only have Prompt or Deny as the options (Allow is not even listed) even though Connections itself is set to Allow.

Phone
    Location (GPS)
    Company Network
    Carrier Internet

Under Interactions, the following only have Deny

Keystroke Injection
    Browser Filtering

I've spent about an hour on the phone with my BES admin and he removed all the security policies from my phone to the point where the little red locks under Security Options -> General Settings were all gone and that didn't help. I even tried backrevving my OS to .77 with no luck.

Is it possible that my BES admin didn't know what he was doing? Are default app permissions definitely controlled by the BES policies? Anyone have any suggestions?
    05-08-09 10:50 AM
    Umm Iunno
    But it might work to press set app permissions before downloading?
    You know on the dowload screen, the thing you check off? Try that.
    Not sure if it'll work.
    05-08-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD