Hi,

while I am in the process of upgrading my 8100 to 4.5.0.174/4.5.0.124 , the upgrade screen stuck at loading JVM and it just got cancelled by itself. Now my BB is not powering ON, in the sense the LED on the top of the phone is flashing red. and when I connect the BB to the USB, it dectects as PIN unknown.

What is the solution ? kindly help.

Regards,
    Shash
    03-18-09 07:35 AM
    Hi,

while I am in the process of upgrading my 8100 to 4.5.0.174/4.5.0.124 , the upgrade screen stuck at loading JVM and it just got cancelled by itself. Now my BB is not powering ON, in the sense the LED on the top of the phone is flashing red. and when I connect the BB to the USB, it dectects as PIN unknown.

What is the solution ? kindly help.

Regards,
    Shash
    1. Install the software from the CD (that you received with the device), or download it from the service provider (AT&T).

2. Delete or rename the vendor.xml file, here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (you're windows file options needs to be set to 'show system files', to see said file...

3. Open Desktop Manager (DM)...

4. Connect the Red Pearl (since am sure that's what you have!)...

5. Doing this will force the pc to see the BlackBerry as new hardware, and thus force it to reload the Operating System (OS)...

6. During the process, select YES to do a backup...

7. The whole process should take about 30-45 minutes...
    03-18-09 08:54 AM
    did you take out your sd memory card ?
    03-18-09 10:54 AM
    Thank goodness you posted this...the same thing happened to me...
    03-18-09 01:53 PM
    did you take out your sd memory card ?
    Doesn't matter. i up date mine/my wife's 8100 w. media card installed.... no problems...
    03-18-09 02:16 PM
    ohm .. sounds like a flawless phone
    03-18-09 11:52 PM
    i tried doing this but the DM did not automatically sense the device as new software and update the OS
    03-22-09 09:11 PM
    I never had trouble upgrading with my SD in. Quite a few people have though. There is one other trick to getting your pin recognized. Take out the battery, and hook it up to the PC. Once the pin is on there, put the battery back in and reinstall the OS. Not a guarantee it will show, but more than likely it will.
    03-22-09 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD