Blackberry 8110 has Error 507 message on screen. I have tried everything! I downloaded the latest desktop manager and the latest OS. Completed the installation for both. But when I open desktop manager and choose to add applications the OS is not listed. I have even tried to just use the loader without opening desktop manager and that doesn't work either. Please, any advice will be greatly appreciated because at this point my phone doesn't work at all!
    09-17-08 03:33 AM
    Don't know much about this, but did you delete the vender file?

~ VNDLEWIS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 08:15 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You are nearly there.

First, open Windows Control Panel / Programs and verify both BlackBerry Desktop Manager and the correct device OS are installed.

Second, open Windows Computer and navigate to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader.

Scroll to the bottom and you should see a file named Vendor.xml. Delete that file.

The error 507 means the device does not have a functioning OS. You can use the command line instructions to force a new OS load.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-17-08 at 11:17 AM.
    09-17-08 11:08 AM
    I tried that and it still didn't find my software that I have installed. I have finally got desktop manager to recognize the software but it gives an error message when I hit "next" and says that the necessary files to continue with email setup are missing. Let me make sure I've got this right. I have Desktop Manager 4.5. And Device Software v4.3 for 8110. That is the OS, right?

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!
    09-17-08 08:27 PM
    I tried that and it still didn't find my software that I have installed. I have finally got desktop manager to recognize the software but it gives an error message when I hit "next" and says that the necessary files to continue with email setup are missing. Let me make sure I've got this right. I have Desktop Manager 4.5. And Device Software v4.3 for 8110. That is the OS, right?

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!
    Did you extract/install the OS after downloading? Downloading it alone will not do this for you, and thus not recognize the OS you D'loaded. Following Reed's instructions: In control panel>programs you should see Desktop Manager 4.5 followed by the OS.

Last edited by knacman; 09-18-08 at 01:40 PM.
    09-18-08 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD