im selling my 8100 but i cant seem to be able to delete my profile on the device. i dont want the next person to be able to use my email account obviously!!lol and i dont want to go to BIS and delete my email account as i am using that same email with another BB!!

any suggestions?

thanks
    04-23-08 04:25 PM
    go options/ advanced options/ service books then delete your email addresses
    04-23-08 06:04 PM
    Safer still, wipe the device!!!

Options / Security / General Options / Menu / Wipe device...
    04-23-08 06:07 PM
    I agree with naviwilliams..... WIPE OUT!!!!!
    04-24-08 12:20 AM
    Wipe out. Check service books if its still there. Then call your provider and tell them you want to dis associate your account/emails from your pin.

I got my curve through craigslist and what happened was I only wiped the phone and deleted the service books. After a week when I got my data plan, the previous owner's emails started coming back again. This also caused my phone not being able to connect to the edge network after a couple of days and me unable to push my emails. After 3 hours on the phone with tmo and rim, they told me that the orig owner should have disassociated his account from the phone because somehow, their systems are still locked to this guy's account and the pin of the phone. .

Save the new owner tons of pita and your emails being pushed to the new owner by calling your provider.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-08 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD