Hello and Help.

My BOSS has a Verizon Pearl on BIS not BES. It's a company phone but we don't have BES. The trackball wasn't working and he was given a new phone. I backed up his phone on Desktop Mgr and when he got the new phone I applied the back-up. The phone works for calls and I think voice mail. There is no browser icon and he cannot send or receive SMS or PIN messages.

I went into the host routing table and clicked register a few hours ago and still nothing. Also, under Options, SMS Text, I know the phone number is wrong - because I accidentally put his phone # there -what phone number do I put in there, it's Verizon and we are in Las Vegas.

I am assuming that the phone lady at work did whatever she needed to do to register the phone - she is pretty knowledgeable. Does it take awhile to get the BB message that all is activated. He does have a data plan and doesn't use company e-mail.

Any ideas of what else to check?

Thanks,
    12-04-08 09:10 PM
    Under Manage Connections make sure there is a check in the
    Mobile Network Box.

Also you didn't mention going to the BIS site and switching the
    device. If you haven't, you need to.
    12-04-08 10:56 PM
    Make sure to "Send Service Books"
    You can do it by calling Customer Service or going to your carriers Blackberry BIS site. It should start working immediately.
    12-05-08 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD