Hey all,

I have a question regarding the use of myspace on the pearl. I can access my page and look around at other pages, but the only thing that doesn't work are the songs and videos. When I load someones page that has a song on there it won't play, and like wise with the videos.

I just got my first BB the other day (8130 through verizon) and I'm really enjoying it. However I'm still trying to figure everything out on it. Thanks for any input.
    11-12-07 12:33 PM
    Open your browser and select options > Browser Configuration. Scroll down and select "Support Embedded Media" then save your changes. That should work.
    11-12-07 12:42 PM
    so I went into the browser for the BB and changed the setting but it still doesn't work. I get a message that says

"Hello, you either have jacascript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's flash player. Click Here to get the latest flash player"

I also Downloaded Opera Mini and it doesn't seem to work on that browser either. Do the blackberries not support Javascript on Myspace, or at all for that matter. Am I not going to be able to listen to peoples music on their profiles or view their videos they have posted?
    11-12-07 01:56 PM
    If the embedded media and javascript selections are enabled and it still doesn't play videos or music I'm at a loss. Sorry. Hopefully someone on here will know the answer.
    11-12-07 08:05 PM
    From what I have been able to find out- The Pearl simply does not really support streaming anything.
    Basically, your phone has to be able to download it before it will play it. I'm sure that is over simplifying things a bit. Suffice it to say, there is unfortunately nothing wrong with your phone or it's settings.
    Last edited by orcadog; 11-15-07 at 02:19 PM.
    11-15-07 01:21 PM
    What settings are you using on your browser? I can't seem to access the full myspace page, or even view my own profile.
    11-21-07 04:37 PM
    I need help as well. I can't log on to myspace. I enter my info and it just goes back to the main page. I can't even view my page.
    11-29-07 08:30 AM
    I primarily use the opera mini program. If you look at the second post on this thread someone explains how to adjust your settings. I did so and it helped me view the pages better. I'm able to navigate and post comments and check messages just fine.
    12-02-07 05:25 PM
    The Pearl for Verizon does play streaming video, try m.youtube.com
    With regards to Myspace on the BB tryi adjusting your Javascript settings by going to the browser>menu>options>browser configuration at the top there are several changes you can switch between. Use trial and error. If that doesn't work, abandon Myspace and join Facebook. There is an amazing bb app for Facebook.
    12-02-07 09:33 PM
    Most if not all of the video/songs on MySpace are flash based, which most mobile phones (including Blackberry) do not support, hence the reason you only see the basic profile. Myspace has a new website for mobile browsers, goto mobile.myspace.com for a more phone friendly site.
    12-03-07 10:39 AM
    At YouTube-Mobile you are not TRULY streaming video. It is actually heavily squashed and then downloaded. Same way with TinyTube and a few others. I'm not saying you can't get video, you just can get true streaming video (ala YouTube, CNN, etc.) The BB media player on the Pearl just doesn't support streaming video yet.
    12-12-07 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD