I'm pretty sure that when I first got my Pearl and I was going through to delete all the system files/wallpaper/blah blah that I didn't need, that I also deleted MyFaves files. I recently signed up for the MyFaves plan and it takes effect tomorrow and I'm wondering if now I won't be able to use it on my handheld...
    02-06-08 10:54 PM
    net_rim_bb_media_100_five_icon_library.cod
    net_rim_tmo_five.cod

Those are the two modules needed for the MyFaves theme. If you removed those modules then you should add them back.
    02-06-08 11:25 PM
    Also, even if you don't have the software, faves should still be recognized by the network. The software is primarily for display purposes. You can still change your faves through the TMo account website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-08 12:45 AM
    Okay.. I found the two files on my computer after I resintalled the handheld software to my computer. How do I add ONLY these two files back onto my Blackberry without updating all the rest?
    02-07-08 07:06 AM
    I think trying to use the application loader did absolutely nothing because there is still no myFaves on my handheld.

Also I've heard it may or may not work without the software, regardless I still want it on there. And, I just added numbers into MyFaves on the Tmobile website and it's been in "change in progress" for the past hour because it's been trying to send the contacts to my handheld and obviously it can't. So, I'm not sure if it even DOES work without the handheld software, but like I said, regardless I still want it. I'm going to be really mad if I've been waiting all this time for my plan to take effect and now none of my calls get counted under myfaves minutes. If anyone can help.
    02-07-08 07:51 AM
    MyFaves will work on any phone on TMO. I bought my mother an unlocked Razr for Christmas. The sofware isn't there but all the calls still show up as MyFaves.
    02-07-08 09:07 AM
    Okay.. I found the two files on my computer after I resintalled the handheld software to my computer. How do I add ONLY these two files back onto my Blackberry without updating all the rest?
    Were the files in a folder called Java, or were they in another directory (even a sub directory of Java)? If the files were in the Java folder than they are installed on your BB. When you launch DM and the app loader, it scans the Java directory for updates, and if there are any changes (such as files added or removed).
    02-07-08 09:33 AM
    what do i do if myfaves on my pearl 8100 wont let me add my faves to it? it just sends me a text message saying that its a duplicate?
    07-22-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD