My trackball doesn't go down -- It'll go left, right and up, but no down. Is there any chance of fixing this? I know on some BB's the Trackball can be removed, but I think the 8220 isn't one of those. And is the fact that it'll go in 3 of 4 directions indicative of a more serious problem?

I was hoping that my 8220 would last until T-mo got the Pearl 3g, but now I'm not sure what I can do.

Grrr. . . .I just don't need to lay out money for a new phone right now!

If I have to go the new phone route, can anyone recommend a reliable vendor of unlocked BB's, Google turns up several, I'm looking for a first-hand (or second hand) recommendation. Conversely, are there any vendors to stay away from.
    Last edited by Tiassa; 12-09-10 at 11:53 PM.
    12-09-10 11:20 PM
    Sounds like you just need a new trackball, though the 8220 makes it difficult. See prior thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/how...0-flip-495547/

I'm skittish about buying second-hand phones. If the ESN and PIN aren't clean, it will be difficult to use on a data plan. After Mrs. H's Bluetooth went out, I bought her a brand new, unlocked 8220 from N1Wireless. It happened to be T-Mo overstock (T-Mo branding, splash screen and UMA configuration) and came packaged in a generic box.
    12-10-10 10:42 AM
    As a last resort before you replace the trackball, try to force the trackball in the direction it won't move using your thumb or maybe a pencil eraser. Perhaps you can dislodge whatever grit or debris is preventing the ball from rolling that way.
    Tiassa likes this.
    12-10-10 10:47 AM
    As a last resort before you replace the trackball, try to force the trackball in the direction it won't move using your thumb or maybe a pencil eraser. Perhaps you can dislodge whatever grit or debris is preventing the ball from rolling that way.
    A lot of pushing with a pencil eraser got it! -- thanks hubermania
    12-11-10 05:39 PM
    For better results in the long run, use a juice box straw, one that can fit over the trackball and use it to spin the ball clockwise and counter-clockwise.
    Bear in mind it may damage the clicking sound when you press the trackball, but you will be able to use the trackball for another 6 months to a year

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 08:19 AM
    If you ever get around to replacing the trackball, go with an OEM white trackball. I bought a generic purple trackball only to find out after going through the hassle of installing it that the fit/finish was so bad it barely rolled.
    12-13-10 06:37 PM
    All the advice needed has been said,
    I just hope my girlfriend never has the same problem as your trackball

Oh the jokes!

12-13-10 06:55 PM
    Last few day I've been having the same issue. Trackball will go left, right & up. Going down thou the ball does actually "roll" but their doesn't seem to be any contact with it's rollers {nothing happens on screen}.

My 2 year contact is up in less then 2 weeks and I two am looking at getting the 9100 as a replacement. Rogers wants a 3 year contract now {not gonna happen!} for the color scheme that I don't want and are still changing more for a 2 year contract then I can buy the 9100 I want from Bell outright.
    12-14-10 01:19 AM
    All the advice needed has been said,
    I just hope my girlfriend never has the same problem as your trackball

Oh the jokes!

Yeah, I was originally going to title this "My flip is going south (because the trackball won't)" but I changed my mind.
    12-17-10 12:56 PM
    You bought a generic purple trackball。
    01-10-11 08:07 AM
    ���������shido
    01-10-11 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD