OMG, I can't seem to get my trackball to scroll up. Of course, up is where my email is - at the top of my screen. Of course, i can't just scroll all the way down in applications and have it repeat itself at the top. Of course, I'm freaking out because I live and breathe by this thing.

Can someone please help me? Verizon doesn't open for another 2 hours!

Christina
    curled up in fetal position, rocking back & forth muttering "I didn't meant to hurt you, baby..."
    08-08-08 08:05 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

Relax... you will be fine...

Follow this guide to clean out the trackball area! You do not have to take the actual ball out, like he does... but take the enclosure out and make sure no dust is trapped in there!

And, if you want, you can order a new trackball from BBEnriched!!

Use the promo code "B3rryPart$" for a discount
    08-08-08 08:12 AM
    This seems to be a problem with the Pearl. My friend has a Pearl and is having the exact same problem!

I was messing around on hers yesterday and commented the normal, omg what is wrong with your trackball?

Thats strange though, maybe its an issue with the Pearl trackball?
    08-08-08 08:49 AM
    My trackball sucks. My DH and I bought a Pearl on the same day, he has the dark blue one and I have the red one. His trackball runs smoothly, and perfectly. Mine, moves when it wants too. I have only had it since May.
    08-08-08 10:43 AM
    woke up this morning and to my horror my trackball would not scroll down on my 8310. Followed the link, popped the silver ring, the ball dropped right out, swabbed it, working like new!!!! Dont be scared, it is not that hard! Thanks for the link.
    08-08-08 10:44 AM
    How old is your blackberry? My bold is less than 6 months old and my trackball stopped scrolling right yesterday. I called Rogers today and they told me to blow into the blackberry to try and free up debris and then to press it in and scroll it...none of that worked so they are sending me a new blackberry bold in the mail.
    05-07-09 05:33 PM
    How long does it takes normally until a trackball ask for replacement?
    05-07-09 06:00 PM
    I can vouch for how easy it is to take the trackball out, and also i colored the light, now it's red....lol
    05-07-09 06:11 PM
    does anyone know how to clean a track ball for a bb Tour?!?!?! Mine won't scroll to the right!
    02-02-10 11:23 AM
    I just bought a refurbished 8130 and the tracking ball was awful. I took it to my local Verizon dealer and they replaced it n/c for me, it seems to be a common problem with them. It works great now.

Try you local dealer for whatever service you have and see if they have the replacement for your Tour.
    02-05-10 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD