I have a 8130 with Verizon service.

I have this recurring problem where all of a sudden my message history goes a little haywire.

I lose all history of outgoing/incoming calls and text messages. I also lose all email history that is older than one day. And for some reason, random emails stay in my message history. For instance... it just happened and all I have is my email history from today and just emails from Blackberry & Verizon on 7/14 & 1/3. It also shows an email from 4/14/04 --- which is impossible.

The "Keep Messages" setting is set for 30 days in my options.

Is it possible that I have some sort of virus or something? This seems to happen randomly.

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!
    08-12-08 05:16 PM
    Classic memory issues... check out this thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    08-12-08 05:18 PM
    You have low memoury. Please follow Stoner's Guide to Memoury Optimization. The link is in my signature. Welcome to CB.
    08-12-08 05:18 PM
    Low memory issue. You should have at least 12,000,000 bytes free, or your BB starts to erase things. Clear out some unused programs or video.
    08-12-08 05:20 PM
    Edit: Beat me to the punch, but restating what was already said.

There are about 4 posts within 2 to 3 pages concerning this. You should do a quick search before you post a thread.

Your BB is deleting messages itself to free up space. If you goto Options -> Status and look at "File Free" if that number is less that 12 million bytes (12 megs) then you phone will start to do funny things. I was having the same issue, but I did a search took a look and found that I had only about 7 million bytes (7 megs) and I did This and it helped out a lot. Not only to inform me about how the phone works and what's installed on it, but also freed up space and I haven't had an issue since. Take a look, it will help you.
    08-12-08 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD