i love the today theme. i like being able to see how the new message is from before i go all the way into the messaging app. sometimes i want to read it now, sometimes later.

my problem is the sms messages that i have allready read are still showing up in the today theme. i have selected in the options both "combined" and "theme controled". i have also tried both the stock today theme that came with the sprint pearl and the today plus theme. they both do it.

does anyone know why this happens?

does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks, Cody
    02-14-08 08:43 AM
    Cody -

Am having same problem with new 8830. Did you ever figure out a solution? This is driving me nuts, it makes no sense.

- CAB
    02-15-08 08:27 AM
    i found a few threads with the search thing. they all said look in your sub folders. or, look ing your other accounts. look in your saved messages folder.

i had no unread message anywhere. what i did was started deleting messages. when i went in to my sms inbox, which had no unread messages, and deleted everything, it finally went back to zero. i think it is a bug in the os that thinks you didn't read something when you did. doesn't seem to happen to everyone, but.....
    02-15-08 08:31 AM
    try pulling battery with power on. sounds like a stuck setting
    02-15-08 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD