Hi,

When I connect my 8100 via USB cable to my laptop (WinXP SP3) AVGFree pops up this message;

Accessed file is infected

F:\AutoRun.inf

Virus found Worm/AutoRun detected on open

Is this correct? Or is it misinterpreting the automatic opening box? I've run a scan on the lappie after disconnecting and it's found nothing.

Any help deeply appreciated.
    11-17-09 11:34 AM
    Did you install any .inf files onto your SD card? If you did, delete them, and try again.
    11-19-09 04:48 AM
    No .inf files that I can find.
    11-19-09 09:45 AM
    Make sure you have show hidden files enabled. It probably isn't a virus, but things trying to auto run like that can trigger AV.
    11-19-09 09:50 AM
    Yeah, that's my feeling on the whole thing so I'm ignoring the warnings and then scanning and no virii show up.

Thanks guys.
    11-20-09 10:26 AM
    I have found an email message sent to me that may indicate someone has hacked into my email address. Is there a way to check on this? They may have used a penpal acoount in my name. Should I just change my email address to be sure?
    11-22-09 05:43 PM
    I have found an email message sent to me that may indicate someone has hacked into my email address. Is there a way to check on this? They may have used a penpal acoount in my name. Should I just change my email address to be sure?
    11-22-09 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD