So my phone decided to delete everything on my phone, all my 400 pnone numbers, my ring tones, calandar, music i mean everything and alot of it was work things....... does anyone know why it may have done this?
    12-23-08 01:30 PM
    You let the device memory fall to zero. Go to options>status. See the file free number? Tell me what that is. If you let it fall below 10mb it will delete old messages, calender entries etc. If thats not enough it will delete more things. Follow this guide to gain more free memoryhttp://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ Then restore your contacts and other data from a back up, IF you made any.
    12-23-08 01:59 PM
    i got 1.5 gb left so it cant be the memory, and it didnt just delete messages it like reset the phone as if i just got it out of the box
    12-23-08 02:08 PM
    try recuva from recuva.org to restore you lost data on the sd. its a great tool!
    12-23-08 02:46 PM
    i got 1.5 gb left so it cant be the memory, and it didnt just delete messages it like reset the phone as if i just got it out of the box
    That is storage memory from a media card. Application memory is something different. If that fills up the BB will start deleting. But in your situation, did you have a password lock on it? Could someone have been trying to guess your password to get in? After a few failed attempts (can't remember the number off the top of my head) it will wipe the device.
    12-23-08 03:42 PM
    What you are describing is much more severe then the low memory management. It will delete SMS text and phone logs, but it does not affect the device data.

The only thing I can think of, your device was wiped. It can be done from the device options menu or by a failed attempt to guess your password.

If you have made a backup copy of your BlackBerry, it is simple to restore everything. I suspect you will be doing that in future. BlackBerry Desktop Software contains the backup program, for next time.
    12-23-08 03:43 PM
    That is storage memory from a media card. Application memory is something different. If that fills up the BB will start deleting. But in your situation, did you have a password lock on it? Could someone have been trying to guess your password to get in? After a few failed attempts (can't remember the number off the top of my head) it will wipe the device.
    You can try to guess the password on the device 10 times (default, can be changed) before it wipes to factory settings. This situation happened to me before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD