Hi Folks,

My newest issue is actually, two things...But I think they might related!

One being, I cannot send MMS texts...They just dont send, they do the little sending orb and then go all red X on me.

Two being, I cannot sign into yahoo messenger or AIM on my phone..It gets to 80% and then says, "Communication error. Please try again or check your settings." Sooo, help? Thanks in advance!! Also, the whole check your settings, I never changed anything, so I dont know what exactly Id be changing!
    03-23-08 01:20 AM
    Did either used to work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-08 01:30 AM
    Yes, both worked..I hadnt sent MMS texts in a while...But, just the other day I signed out of yahoo messenger and then it wouldnt let me sign back in..Hmmm!
    03-23-08 01:36 AM
    First step in trouble shooting is to do a battery pull. With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.
    03-23-08 01:53 AM
    Tried that before...Didn't work. :-)
    03-23-08 01:56 AM
    Have you tried to resend the service books?
    03-23-08 01:57 AM
    Does your screen say EDGE (it has to be in uppercase)? If it doesn't, what does it say (GSM, edge)?
    03-23-08 02:03 AM
    Its says "gprs", so is that gsm?
    03-23-08 02:11 AM
    Not quite. This sounds like one of two things. Either you are in an area that has such poor coverage that you can't use those services, or that there is a problem with your account on T-Mobile's end. In which case you would need to call them.

I'm guessing your account, for whatever reason, is screwed up. By definition, lowercase gprs means you can use the phone and send and receive SMS text messages, and MMS messages.
    03-23-08 02:19 AM
    Hmm, could be the poor coverage...I am in the boonies right now visiting my family. So that could very well be it. I guess I will have to wait until Im back home on EDGE. Thanks for the help anyway!
    03-23-08 02:24 AM
    Does your screen say EDGE (it has to be in uppercase)? If it doesn't, what does it say (GSM, edge)?
    At risk of getting flamed for hijacking this thread, Sunkast: My 8100 shows EDGE in upper case. Can it go to edge in lowercase? If so, what does this mean.

Thanks and now back to regular programming.
    03-23-08 10:30 AM
    At risk of getting flamed for hijacking this thread, Sunkast: My 8100 shows EDGE in upper case. Can it go to edge in lowercase? If so, what does this mean.

Thanks and now back to regular programming.
    Uppercase EDGE means your blackberry is registered with the RIM relay.

lowercase edge means you are receiving a data attach but are not currently communicating with RIM servers.
    03-23-08 12:32 PM
    Ahhhh, my grandfather told me that if I learned one thing every day then I would be a wise man.

So far this does not seem to be working. I think I must be in lower case edge mode....

Thanks for the info - Pete
    03-23-08 04:21 PM
    DollFace. I am really sorry to have hijack your thread. I will now shut up and please ingore my interjections and carry as you were when you get bacjk from the boonies.

Pete
    03-23-08 04:26 PM
    Haha no worries, if you have lowercase edge battery pull (while the phone is still on), fixes the issue 90% of the time.
    03-23-08 05:09 PM
    Haha no worries, if you have lowercase edge battery pull (while the phone is still on), fixes the issue 90% of the time.
    Hey man, the lower case battery pull is the least of my pull worries. But, I owe major dues to DolFace for walking off with her thread. Over to you Doll - Pete (who'd settle for a 90% fix). Come back from the boonies....

Yeah, I know,it's a family show.
    03-23-08 06:46 PM
    Well, since no one has said anything since march, maybe it's safe to cut in here now

Here's my issue. I was having problems since I switched my data plan from just internet, to internet and BB Email. Couldn't get anything to connect, so I went to the TMobile store. They said I was still in GSM mode, and they switched me to EDGE. Now, I'm in GPRS, no lowercase, and can't connect to the internet or my IM's, but my email is still coming through, so I know I'm connected and my Mobile Network says my data plan is ON. I get error messages that say communication error, please check your settings. Or, Can't connect to the internet, please try again later. Or, something about the server being busy.
    Can anyone help?
    06-18-08 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD