Hello everyone. first of all I would like to congratulate this forum it has been a great help to me even though I hardly post since most of my questions get answered from previous posts. Anyway... to the point.. I decided some weeks ago to change the cover of my pearl to white. I did the installation myself and everything was ok until I realized that something was wrong since I could not hear the phone when it rang. I understood that there was a problem with the external speaker and i had it changed. When I got my pearl back, the man who changed the speaker said that the volume button that came with the new cover was not sitting correctly and he fixed that too. A few days ago my pearl was on my bedside table and the screen turned on for no apparent reason. Since my battery was a bit low I thought that it was because of that so i charged it... the screen remained on all night long. I tried everything, unlocking and locking the keyboard would only fix this for some minutes then the screen would turn on again, and i did the battery pull. Two days later I decided to do a general wipe of the device so I backed up all data and did the wipe. When I did this I thought that the problem was fixed but it wasnt. The next day I thought that there might be a button that is pressed and that causes the problem. The only neutral buttons are the DEL and the arrow and there is no way that those two would be the problem since it would had caused me difficulties in texting. so it had to be the volume button. After pressing the button for a few times to make sure that it was in place, i thought that this would solve the problem since for one day my screen was not acting weird at all. Then last night.. it happened again!!! This morning I replaced the side of the new faceplate where the volume key is with the original one to make sure that the new volume key is not what is causing the problem and the screen still remains on... I know that I did not do any changes to the screen settings and I have no other applications apart from the original and Facebook so what causes this problem ???

If there is anyone that can suggest a solution please let me know

Thnx In Advance
    02-18-10 01:29 AM
    I think there are these built in sensors in the phone which detect the birghtness/darkness of the background light...
    So if its dark "i think" it will light up...
    02-18-10 11:27 PM
    I think there are these built in sensors in the phone which detect the birghtness/darkness of the background light...
    So if its dark "i think" it will light up...
    02-18-10 11:28 PM
    thanx for answering but i m not sure that this is the case since I had this phone for two years now and its the first time this has happened... also the weirdest thing is that if i see the screen and unlock and lock the pad it doesnt do it anymore but then some hours later it will do it again without me touching it !!!
    02-19-10 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD