Ok it has been fine for the 3 months i have had it. and then the screen just randomly went black and the red light just keeps blinking. ive tried charging it, taking the battery out and putting it back in, and all that. it works sometimes for like 5 mins and then it just goes back to it again. any idea whats going on? i was thinking maybe something was wrong with the battery. any help is awsome!
    12-14-08 06:03 PM
    You've got a corrupted OS. The fix is to wipe and reload. Here's how: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    12-14-08 11:52 PM
    Ok but the problem with that method is that I can't get my BB to load up, so my computer doesn't detect it when i connect it. Also, the part where it says "Windows XP: Start / Run... / Command" does't make sense, can you explain that? Because you can't just type "command" into Run.
    12-15-08 09:48 AM
    Ok but the problem with that method is that I can't get my BB to load up, so my computer doesn't detect it when i connect it. Also, the part where it says "Windows XP: Start / Run... / Command" does't make sense, can you explain that? Because you can't just type "command" into Run.
    Actually, you can. Click Start, Select Run, and in the dialog box that opens, type Command.

Reed addresses your first question later in his thread. Read through it all. Sometimes you have to reinstall DM to get it to recognize your BB.
    12-15-08 12:50 PM
    i know, when i type it in it says windows cannot find it :S

I tried following the steps from reeds main source too

The app loader is just frozen though. I let it sit for 3 hours and it is still in the same spot
    12-15-08 01:35 PM
    I've tried everything. I tried the app loader, i tried using desktop manager, and it said it loaded the os again but the screen is still black and the led light just blinks once and then 3 times and then once and then 3 times.......

what the helllll do i do
    12-17-08 12:49 PM
    Can someone please help me?

Jl_Cmnder doesn't work, it says "the system is not suitable for MSdos".

Using desktop manager to reload the OS doesn't work because everytime I try it, the red LED light starts blinking in the middle of the process and freezes it up and it says its unable to complete the operation.

Using the App Loader doesn't work because of the exact same reason i said for the desktop manager.

I am using a proper cable that came with the blackberry, it is plugged directly to the usb im not using a hub. and I have tried connecting with the battery and without the battery.

I have read as much as I can on the internet and every single thing just keeps saying to hook it up to the computer and run the app loader. WELL IT DOESN"T WORK

there has got to be a way to fix this....its a $400 piece of equipment and it literally broke from nothing. i put it in my pocket and when i took it out it didnt work. i didnt bump into anything or drop it....so wtf rim...

if anyone can please help me figure wtf is going on it will be greatly appreciated
    12-18-08 01:06 PM
    I had a similar problem after downloading a software from Blackberry site. I was told the third party software most likely crashed the phone. So they replaced it with a new one.
    12-26-08 09:07 PM
    I am having the same situation. Everything was working until late last night 12/28/08. Synced the BB Pearl and everything went dark on screen and now, just the red light is blinking. I am horrified!!!
    12-29-08 12:02 PM
    Look in the How To and FAQ Forum under the Newbies Tab at the top of the screen. Find the thread by Reed McLay that tells how to recover a dead BlackBerry. Perform that procedure to recover.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 12:50 PM
    Ok it has been fine for the 3 months i have had it. and then the screen just randomly went black and the red light just keeps blinking. ive tried charging it, taking the battery out and putting it back in, and all that. it works sometimes for like 5 mins and then it just goes back to it again. any idea whats going on? i was thinking maybe something was wrong with the battery. any help is awsome!
    *sigh* I'm in the same boat. It will sometimes turn on when it's hooked up to the charger but as soon as I press a button it shuts of and I get the blinking light. 2 blinks, 3 blinks, 2 blinks, 3 blinks, over and over again. I've done the procedure to restore the battery that was linked and even that didn't work. I deleted my desktop manager and my handheld software and reloaded them both. I even bought a new battery. I'm pretty sure I'm just screwed. It was only a year old to
    01-13-09 04:36 PM
    Ok it has been fine for the 3 months i have had it. ...
    You've tried everything. Return it under warranty and get a refurbished unit that works.
    01-13-09 09:25 PM
    *sigh* I'm in the same boat. It will sometimes turn on when it's hooked up to the charger but as soon as I press a button it shuts of and I get the blinking light. 2 blinks, 3 blinks, 2 blinks, 3 blinks, over and over again. I've done the procedure to restore the battery that was linked and even that didn't work. I deleted my desktop manager and my handheld software and reloaded them both. I even bought a new battery. I'm pretty sure I'm just screwed. It was only a year old to
    This isn't a battery problem. Your OS is corrupted. You have to perform the How To Recover a Dead BlackBerry that's here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

You may have to try it more than once to get the App Loader to work. Don't give up yet.
    01-13-09 09:29 PM
    I Feel Sorry For You
    01-14-09 10:55 AM
    This isn't a battery problem. Your OS is corrupted. You have to perform the How To Recover a Dead BlackBerry that's here:
    You may have to try it more than once to get the App Loader to work. Don't give up yet.
    Hmmm, so I tried this this morning and my phone actually stayed on for most of the day. I started to get excited so I set my theme and started hiding the icons that I don't use when it shut off
    Now it's blinking at me again. I give up
    Thanks for your help though!!
    01-14-09 09:30 PM
    Maybe you have an incompatible theme. That can cause all kinds of bizarre problems. Go back to one of the BBDimension Themes and see if that solves the problem.
    01-14-09 09:54 PM
    How Long Has It Been Since You Washedit??? Are You Sure Its Fully Dried?

Another Post Said Something About A Rice Trick... Have You Tried That?
    01-15-09 11:03 AM
    Have you loaded a completely new OS? I had this same problem and all I had to do was delete my DM, completely remove the OS on my phone, load a later version, and add my contacts and extra apps individually instead of through the DM. I think it was an app that I added. It could also have been that I had a lot of ring tones, pictures, music, and movies. Too much memory used and the auto clean up was disabled. Its worked like a peach since!

Let me know how that goes. Don't download any themes or anything until its been up and running for a full 24 hours with no glitches (battery pulls are a part of everday BB life LOL so a battery pull is fine to do within the 24 hours. If the screen stays black after you do a battery pull and the light starts blinking then its something with the hardware)
    01-15-09 01:02 PM
    Yup Make Sure That The Os For The Theme Is Compatible
    01-15-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD