Hi Guys,

I haven't used my blackberry pearl 8100 for about 2 months however this morning when I went to turn it on, it would not turn on - the only thing that seems to happen to it is that there is an intermittent flashing red light. I have tried charging it, but the light just seems to keep flashing on & off.

I have checked it with another battery, with 2 different chargers (didn't know if the phone was dead) and nothing seems to work. It's been sitting at home in the box, so i know that it's not damaged.

Any ideas on how I can get it to work? Maybe even reset the hardware in it?

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by punkrockess; 03-11-08 at 05:38 PM.
    03-11-08 05:15 PM
    Try taking out both the battery and sim card for 30 seconds. Then reinsert the battery. Do not reinsert the sim card. If it still does not work I would suggest taking the phone to your carrier. It may be covered under a warranty.
    Last edited by sunkast; 03-11-08 at 06:05 PM.
    03-11-08 05:52 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Hope you either get it working again or get it replaced.
    03-11-08 06:03 PM
    tis now working guys, thanks!

next question - Currently my Blackberry Pearl 8100 phone/software is locked to Vodafone in Australia does anyone know a way of unlocking this, or wiping the phone & reinstalling the software on it?

Am trying to do this so I can use for an upcoming trip overseas this weekend, so am desperate for help!

Thanks so much :-)
    03-11-08 06:46 PM
    welcome to the addiction !
    03-11-08 06:49 PM
    So what worked to fix your phone?

Some carriers will provide you with an unlock code for your phone if you call up and tell them you are going to be traveling internationally. I would recommend that you call Vodafone first and ask them. Be sure to state that you will be traveling out of the country.
    03-11-08 06:51 PM
    This is very odd but my pearl is doing the exact same thing with the red blinking light, but I cant get mine to come back on. Punkrockess, how did you get yours to come back on?
    03-11-08 09:30 PM
    Welcome to the world of Crackberry!
    03-11-08 09:59 PM
    This is very odd but my pearl is doing the exact same thing with the red blinking light, but I cant get mine to come back on. Punkrockess, how did you get yours to come back on?
    In uninstalled the OS, then turned it off and took the battery out - put it back in and hey presto, it works again...

just a bugger that i now have the old OS for blackberry because it sucks!

blueberry - thanks! my current addiction is my hiptop (sidekick) but i can't unlock it to use overseas which is why i dusted off the old pearl!
    03-12-08 04:57 AM
    Well thanks for advice everyone, but unfortunately the quick fix by pulling out the battery and sim card didn't work. I ended up having to do the procedure that Kevin outlined in one of the blackberry 101 classes for a nuked berry. This worked flawlessly but erased all of the third party programs that I had installed. On the up side it installed the latest OS that I was trying to do in the first place!
    03-12-08 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD